OTHER is there anyone in mesa,az that can help me setup my new jynxbox ultra hd v6 and dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

barefoot carver

Original poster
Aug 25, 2014
i have a friend that knows all about setting up my equipment, but since I have got it I have not been able to get ahold of him. I've been waiting and wanting to get it all up and running so bad! I at a point that im not going to wait for him anymore. I heard I should get on a forum place with people that talk and know all about the free-to-air satellite stuff.... well here i'am can anyone please help me?

What channels and what satellites are you planing on pointing at?

I don't know what satellite to point at and I would like to get as many channels as I can. im new to all of this,wanting to get away from the 150.00 a month im paying for dish now.......I don't know any thing about this stuff, but I know its possible. can you help me?

no not at all, I would like to get what is free. legally
Well in that case Welcome to the forum!

The Jynx box is heavily used for theft of DISH. That is why red flags went off with every one. If you are at all mechanically inclined, it is not too hard to set your own dish up.

yes im very good with my hand. I can build about anything from a custom home to chainsaw carving. I know nothing about theft with jynx. figures that's my luck sometimes, buying the wrong stuff try'n to save a buck. usually it cost me more in the long run too. well im getting ready to go to work, I will get back with you after I get off. thankyou so much for responding to me....

No I don't, but I was saying we can walk you through doing it your self here. ;)

hi im back! the guy from mesa,az... what I have is my new jynxbox ultra hd v6 and a digital satellite finder. their is two dish's on the roof, one is from direct tv when we used them and the other one is what we have on and paying out the ass too-from dish-hd. I took pictures of the ones on the roof and one I picked up a few months ago from craigslist. it has the fine adjusters on it and has its own base. it's 32" wide. im betting that I cant use any of this stuff I have exceipt my new receiver and finder.......am I right?

Could possibly use the dish, after it's modified by changing the LNBF to a FTA one, if that's even possible. But it's on the small side so it may/will miss a lot. Modifications like this aren't normally recommended to anyone without prior experience with 'suitable' equipment such as this.
I took pictures of the ones on the roof and one I picked up a few months ago from craigslist
Why not attach them to the post?

sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been out in the shop putting another coat of spar varnish on a couple of tall bar tables I need to get done.
I would like to tell you again, that I am not wanting to get anything from dish, direct or any kind of steeling at all. I have just paid them way to much for way to long. besides I could save enough money to buy something for my shop to help make me money instead..... you know what I mean?
well then tell me what I need to get and the best place to get them at. from what your saying the bigger the more I can receive? O' and on the pic's I couldn't find a place that say upload from my computer. only image url ? how do I know what the url is for my pictures. I just went out side and took them just before I got on then. I took a few close ones of the seirial number /barcode sticker that's on them..

im stupid I just clicked on the link u sent me.. ok I have a few more questions first. can or how can I watch different channels on different TV's at the same time? is it in the fta thing that points back to the dish or both it and my receiver has to be able to do that function too?

while I wait for your response I gotta go out side to check on my tables,make sure nothing has landed on them, like fly's bugs....brb

:welcome2 Sorry about the cold welcome that some have extended. Some folks just expect the worst... :(

If you install a motorized dish to receive channels from several satellites, then it is best not to share with multiple TVs as each TV can only watch channels from the selected satellite. It can get very confusing and scary for other members of the house! Some folks put up several motorized dishes or select a few satellites with channels that you want for the household then install several fixed (non-motorized) dishes with dual output LNBFs.

I would suggest that you start out with only the one receiver. Purchase a single 36" dish a linear LNBF (great equipment choice in the previous link) and maybe a motor (see STAB HH90). See if you like the programming that is available, then add on more equipment.

Yes, start out with what you got and a single dish and see if you like it, and get a feel for it then expand later. :)

thank you all, I will get back with you tomarrow after work. I gotta get up at 3:00am good night and thankyou all so much! you guys are great....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)