OTHER is this a good box?

It is a European brand. Rick started importing a model in December that is based on the ALI 3511 chipset. This chipset is popular and used in many set top boxes over the past 4 years such as the Amiko, Openbox, Manhattan, etc.

Also has STI7162 model with dual tuners. Not too familiar with this chipset, but STI has provided quality chipsets for the DVBS industry for many years. Used in the Amiko Alien 2. Tested this unit several years ago. Capable of Enigma2, etc.

I know that Rick sells them. Supposed to be a good box with two different models. Was thinking about trying one myself.

Rick himself told me he personally likes it, so it cant be bad....... Dont think it will do much more then some of the other STB we have available though. Just food for thought especially when we are so hungry for STB's that will do more then the current batches will. There is a section in his forums for these STB so if your interested in what it can do maybe look there. I aint been over there in a while, and when i did go it was to see what backhauls people were finding.

Reactions: Nascarken 91xg
Do either of these boxes allow you to assign the diseqc position numbers manually or are they saved automatically? I looked through the manual for the S3750CHD and it was unclear if that is the case. Could not find a manual for the S1600CHD SE, only for the S1600CHD. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)