Issue installing a 1000.4 WA antenna

RickIrrgang

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2014
San Jose, Ca. 95112
Good morning folks. First the equipment.
ViP722 Hopper and one wired Joey
1000.2 antenna feeding into a Single Node.
Max Tracker OTM900 finder

I acquired a 1000.4 antenna and attempted to install. I can't find the 119 sat. I spent a couple of hours trying to aim the darn thing.
Went back to my 1000.2 dish and had it aimed in 5 minutes.
What am I missing here?
Thanks for your help

What lnb came with the dish? Compare the spacing of the lnb's on the .2 to the .4. EARC lnb's have a different spacing. That cold be the problem. If the .2 works, why are you trying to replace it.

Which LNB set do you have on the 1000.4?

The top one in this picture is a 1000.4 WA LNB. The EA LNB has an offset look.

Attachments

• adish.jpg
    adish.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 212
Which LNB set do you have on the 1000.4?

The top one in this picture is a 1000.4 WA LNB. The EA LNB has an offset look.
I have the right LNB for the 1000.4, it came with the dish that I bought. The .2 LNB won't fit on a .4 antenna.
I want to replace the .2 with the .4 because we travel a lot and the adjusting features on the .4 make aiming a breeze.

I want to replace the .2 with the .4 because we travel a lot and the adjusting features on the .4 make aiming a breeze.
While reasoning suggests that this might be true, practice (and current DISH policy) indicates otherwise.

The 1000.4WA LNB was arguably a failed design for general use and is why DISH doesn't allow installation of them anymore. While the vernier screws on the dish assembly seem like a big win, if you can aim the other dish in 5 minutes, you're probably not gaining much.

I have the right LNB for the 1000.4, it came with the dish that I bought. The .2 LNB won't fit on a .4 antenna.

Okay, I thought maybe you were trying to use the EA lnb to find WA sats.

I modified our portable 1000.4 for even easier assembly and aiming. My total setup and aiming time is typically under 15 minutes.

Attachments

• 2015-02-21 14.16.43.jpg
    2015-02-21 14.16.43.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 213
Good morning all. First, thanks for all the replies. You guys are great.
Second, After some downtime and a little thinking this thing through I found that I should of updated my Max Tracker OTM900 config files to include the 1000.4 110, 119 and 129 parameters on the maxpeak website. I did so last night and will attempt a second install on Saturday. I'll report the results.
Thanks again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)