It's Here, the new 722K! Unboxing Photos

The OTA module doesn't get air from the fan, because the fan blows to the opposite direction straight onto the HD, and from there the air goes towards the power supply and then out through the louvers. The OTA module will solely rely on the the vent holes.

So where the HDMI and component cables?
This is an HD receiver right?

They haven't been coming in the new receiver boxes, at least the ones I seen, since early last year. The techs/installers have been carrying them separately. Some have provided whatever was needed free, while some have given the component free and charged for HDMI. It's been a bit of a mess to some extent.

But you cant watch a different channel, if TV one wants to watch HOUSE on Fox and you want to watch CSI on CBS on TV 2 you can't.

The 722k gets around that. :)
So does a splitter from the OTA antenna into my HDTV and a simple push of the TV remote button to channel 2. (Sure it's not through the DVR - but you are watching a different channel.

Here's one for you. If someone wanted to not miss any of their 5 local channels that were all broadcasting at the same time a show - you could get the 722k, subscribe to locals, record 2 locals from the SAT, 2 locals from the OTA and watch the 3rd live on your HDTV from the OTA splitter feed.

If anyone is reading this and thinking about doing it - please let me know - for you have far too much deisre to watch tv! :D

:eek: For that, I'd just pay the extra $70 and get a DTV Pal DVR.

Well, I went back to sat from OTA only for WAF, but kept the tivo because of the only 1 OTA tuner on my 722.

Selling the TivoHD and getting the 722k allows me to go back to ONE box again.

A year of Tivo's high subscription fees alone would pay most of that! :p

Yeah, I paid the year up front for about $10.50 a month, can add that to the box when I sell it.

Appears the $179 price includes the OTA tuner, which is pretty nice. Might pull the trigger shortly.

They haven't been coming in the new receiver boxes, at least the ones I seen, since early last year. The techs/installers have been carrying them separately. Some have provided whatever was needed free, while some have given the component free and charged for HDMI. It's been a bit of a mess to some extent.
Oh well, I guess we should thank E* for supplying us with Composite cables with our New HD systems.:rolleyes: over $400 and E* can't throw in a Composite Cable or HDMI?

The OTA module doesn't get air from the fan, because the fan blows to the opposite direction straight onto the HD, and from there the air goes towards the power supply and then out through the louvers. The OTA module will solely rely on the the vent holes.

I doubt that unit will generate enough heat to need a fan. I have an HDHomeRun that is basically a dual OTA/QAM tuner attached to a network card, slapped into one sealed box. It doesn't have a fan and doesn't get hot...even while it's running full bore recording 2 40 megabit QAM channels.

Here is some interesting reading on the 722K and tells you a lot of whats new and gives setup tips and instructions. :)

Attachments

• Product_Launch_Bulletin_-_ViP722kDVR[1].pdf
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,256
I just did a DIU on Friday for $104.99: $75 for the 722k and 29.99 for the MT2, self installed. Replacing my 722.
Hmm.. I just ordered one from Dishstore because I was working off the assumption they wouldn't be available via DIU.

Maybe I can do DIU when the 922 gets released and hock the 722k on eBay?