Its seems the CW is everything the station formerly known as Sci-Fi

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
should have been. I know they are heavy on the Comic Book aka Graphic Novel genre how ever shows like the 100 have evolved into some serious science fiction oriented drama.

I like the CW and watch many of the sci-fi, supernatural and comic series on it. But I didn't like the 100. I gave up on it after about 5 episodes. Didn't care for the "lord of the flies" type of survival thing on the earth. But I agree the CW is giving Syfy a real run for it's money.

Yep. CW only has 2 series that are not sci-fi or supernatural themes, and it looks like Hart of Dixie is done leaving 1.

S~

After passing on shows like Smallville and Supernatural back in the day, I'm surprised how much I've been tuning into CW these days. I'm now watching Arrow, Flash, 100, and now iZombie. I also really liked last year's Tomorrow People. A few others I may check out on Netflix streaming.

With that said, Syfy has had some decent series of late, including 12 Monkeys, Being Human, Continuum (from Canada), and Defiance (which got much better in its second season). I know they still throw a lot of crap out there too, but I wouldn't watch every series on CW either no matter how sci-fi/paranormal it was, starting with Vampire Diaries.

Might want to give the 100 another shot. They dropped the Lord of the Flies about episode 8. Without giving away to many spoilers, it really started to push the envelope. Solid plot development and lots of moral dilemmas and plot lines that did not follow the been there seen that before.

Reactions: Zookster
The 100 really turned around after the first few episodes. It was Lord of the Flies, then suddenly it was not.

I currently watch every show on the CW except Heart of Dixie and Jane the Virgin. Jane continues to get good reviews, perhaps when season one goes to netflix I will watch it to see if good or not.

I may give the 100 another shot. The first few didn't do it for me.

Live sports aside, I watch more shows on the cw now than I do the other broadcast networks combined and way more than I did as the wb.

I think it's blacklist and shield on everything else.

Arrow and flash are my two favorites right now though. Comic book nerd and all. Even though I preferred marvel comics and do for movies, dc has done the tv universe right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts