SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Just in case anybody cares looks like the chipset is Broadcom bcm207002A0

Reactions: Chris Leer
Hmm was there a hole in the bag/ envelope?
No. Still sealed and the envelope was sealed. Oh well.
Looked at the envelope again and there is a tear on the left end that is the size of a usb dongle. but the silver bag looked intact. When do they go on sale? I'll have to buy one.

I tried to do a PM to you, but I couldn't find the Send button in Start a Conversation.

In today's mail was a little surprise, a Joey BT adapter! I plugged it in and went to the menu Settings>Bluetooth and paired some headphones then a remote speaker. Easy as could be!

The Joey (original sluggo version) seems to be suffering video breakups now watching ESPN and ESPNU and a local CBS ota.. Previously I've only seen video breakups while in a menu or guide screen. When I disconnected the headphones the video still broke up some. With the BT toggled off in the menu, I still had some breakups. I don't know if it is caused by the BT adapter, but I've never noticed breakups just watching TV.

Mine arrived today too. The metal shield was a bit bent and mishapen. I was able to get it rectangular again, and fit it to a USB hub on my PC.

The chipset is indeed BCM20702A0, as wallyhts pointed out up top. This is apparently a fairly standard USB chipset used by Lenovo, Dell, HP, and others. Windows drivers are easy to find for it.

The next big question is whether or not a 3rd party dongle with this chipset will work? Of course, it will depend on the final selling price from Dish, and the price of the generic dongles, that will decide whether it worth one's while to bother with a generic.

I got mine yesterday, dongle was out of bag and deformed, also indention and small tear in white envelope. I reformed it, and it works fine as long as my speaker is close enough, like in the next room. Thanks Scott.
Dan

I got mine yesterday, dongle was out of bag and deformed, also indention and small tear in white envelope. I reformed it, and it works fine as long as my speaker is close enough, like in the next room. Thanks Scott.
Dan
I had the same problem with deformation. I wonder if the Dish rep who brought them to the show had jammed them in his luggage, unprotected other than the antistatic bags?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts