Joey won't link

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I also notice that the Joey looses link from hopper when it reset for nightly check on updates as well as anytime if I rebooted as well. Last night it check for update at 1am and this morning I checked and Joey wasn't linked. Turn it off came back home late afternoon and Joey working fine. Wondering why it's looses link to hopper on what seems every update or power cycle.

Still having error 1303 on the Joey. Tech coming today and hopefully this can be fix. What should I ask him to change? Should I have him replace the existing D* coaxial cable that was used? It is rg6 (3ghz)

Tech came out and he did some type of update on the Joey and he rebooted Joey about 6 times and didn't get the error. He said I shouldn't get it anymore. Now as of yesterday error is back. All I did was turn Joey on and there's error message. I rebooted a couple of time and nothing. I decided to take off the USB wifi adapter just to try it without and after another reboot it connected right away. I waited till this morning and rebooted again just to see and connected fine. I know it sounds weird but I wonder if the adapter is the issue. Can that interfere? I was thinking of moving my router next to the hopper which is not easy task and connect Ethernet (hardwire) directly to it do I have my on demand. Will the on demand work on the Joey if I connect it this way? Would like to hear what u all think of this theory with the adapter. Maybe it's just me going crazy after seeing the error for so much. :)

I also have an appt for what the rep called level 2 tech but I'm may postpone to test this USB adapter theory

Tech came out and he did some type of update on the Joey and he rebooted Joey about 6 times and didn't get the error. He said I shouldn't get it anymore. Now as of yesterday error is back. All I did was turn Joey on and there's error message. I rebooted a couple of time and nothing. I decided to take off the USB wifi adapter just to try it without and after another reboot it connected right away. I waited till this morning and rebooted again just to see and connected fine. I know it sounds weird but I wonder if the adapter is the issue. Can that interfere? I was thinking of moving my router next to the hopper which is not easy task and connect Ethernet (hardwire) directly to it do I have my on demand. Will the on demand work on the Joey if I connect it this way? Would like to hear what u all think of this theory with the adapter. Maybe it's just me going crazy after seeing the error for so much. :)

I also have an appt for what the rep called level 2 tech but I'm may postpone to test this USB adapter theory

http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/282889-confused.html#post2845321
Post#8

Disconnect the wireless from Joey. It will still love you in the morning.

Last edited:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/283294-1303-all-joeys.html

your situation sounds similar to that one where somehow the network connection was interfering with the moca connection.

try leaving it disconnected from your network for a few days, then see what happens when you re-connect. Might help to narrow it down.

Yeah I'm going to leave it disconnected for a few days and just not cancel but reschedule tech appointment just in case it still does it.
Sparc do u know if i hardwired hopper only will joey have internet for on demand capability?

Yeah I'm going to leave it disconnected for a few days and just not cancel but reschedule tech appointment just in case it still does it.
Sparc do u know if i hardwired hopper only will joey have internet for on demand capability?
Hardwired to Hopper....?, the Joey connected to hardwired Hopper will have internet connectivity. I'm currently watching programming from DOD via Joey with no internet connection on Joey. If the Joey is linked to a internet connected Hopper it's good.

Decided to connect hopper to Internet via Ethernet cable right from the router and the Joey does the same thing as with wifi adapter. I get the 1393 trying to link. So I guess it wasn't the wifi adapter like I though. I connect nothing to hopper and Joey link fine. If its going to work ill leave it like that it's just I would like my of demand and can't unless I connected to Internet. Would like to read your comments on this one

Would like to read your comments on this one
make a detailed report to someone on the DIRT team along with your account number. Probably a software bug as it's pretty much the same experience as the thread i linked earlier.

If you have a HIC, give that a shot and see if it connects any differently. Might be worth having a tech try installing to see if it sorts out your issues.

Last edited:
make a detailed report to someone on the DIRT team along with your account number. Probably a software bug as it's pretty much the same experience as the thread i linked earlier.

If you have a HIC, give that a shot and see if it connects any differently. Might be worth having a tech try installing to see if it sorts out your issues.

A third option is try a completely different router and see if there's some conflict there. Just a wild guess and mostly if you happen to have a spare router around to test.

I told DIRT about it. Going to give it till next week and report back to DIRT and here too. I dont have a HIC or i would try it out. Tech used the USB Adapter only

I told DIRT about it. Going to give it till next week and report back to DIRT and here too. I dont have a HIC or i would try it out. Tech used the USB Adapter only
Are you connecting to the Joey or the Hopper to the router? I have suspected there is something weird about connecting internet to the Joey since my wifi experience with it.

Decided to connect hopper to Internet via Ethernet cable right from the router and the Joey does the same thing as with wifi adapter. I get the 1393 trying to link. So I guess it wasn't the wifi adapter like I though. I connect nothing to hopper and Joey link fine. If its going to work ill leave it like that it's just I would like my of demand and can't unless I connected to Internet. Would like to read your comments on this one

All I have to say is THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! You saved the WAF for me tonight. My bedroom Joey threw the 1303 for the first time today...Hopper has had a wired network connection since day one, but no network on the Joey. I tried both the original and updated procedures in this thread to re-establish the Joey link, and nearly gave up after multiple attempts resulting in the same 1303 notice. My last attempt was to disconnect the Joey from power and cable, disconnect the wired network from the Hopper, hard reset the Hopper, then follow the original Joey reset steps one more time--and now I have connection again!

I am suspicious about this happening once my Hoppers finally received the 209 update.

All I have to say is THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! You saved the WAF for me tonight. My bedroom Joey threw the 1303 for the first time today...Hopper has had a wired network connection since day one, but no network on the Joey. I tried both the original and updated procedures in this thread to re-establish the Joey link, and nearly gave up after multiple attempts resulting in the same 1303 notice. My last attempt was to disconnect the Joey from power and cable, disconnect the wired network from the Hopper, hard reset the Hopper, then follow the original Joey reset steps one more time--and now I have connection again!

I am suspicious about this happening once my Hoppers finally received the 209 update.

Your welcome sclaws, if i can help someone else with the same problem it great. Now i still have my internet disconnected and so far joey still links which is good. testing all week just to make sure. I'll be reporting what's the outcome here and to DIRT.

356B said:
Are you connecting to the Joey or the Hopper to the router? I have suspected there is something weird about connecting internet to the Joey since my wifi experience with it.

Sorry I miss your question. I have always connected the wifi adapter to the hopper.

It's been six days and it's come down for me that if I have the hopper connected to Internet I get the error 1303 after daily nightly update and periodically as well. No Internet and I don't get the error. Is anyone found this happening too? I can't be the only one. How did u fix it? Anyone would like to share how there connected and not have this problem? I connected hardwire and it happens as well. I'm loosing it

Getting the 1303 after taking the Joey out of standby is a known issue. The work around is resetting the Joey. This should be corrected with a future software update. I will report that you are only getting the 1303 error with the internet connected.

i Had this exact same problem with the Joey losing the connection daily with the internet connected at the hopper. I had the tech come back out and install an HIC and now everything is working flawlessly. The bonus is the internet (very fast connection) is now connected to all my devices and no more lost connections in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts