Joeys wont Link

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Here is how to fix the issue...

Do a factory reset You do this by going to Menu > Settings > Diagnostics > Factory Defaults

Once this is done the Hopper will go through the install wizard again. Make sure no Joey's are plugged in until after this is completed. Once done then plug in the Joeys to the network again and power them up again. (If you had power going to them then reboot them)

After that you should be all set. :)

I hope that's not going to be required if someone wants to add an extra Joey to their setup later....could be a real pain to reconfigure all of the Hopper settings.

I hope that's not going to be required if someone wants to add an extra Joey to their setup later....could be a real pain to reconfigure all of the Hopper settings.
Nope its a bug in their Beta software. :) I wouldn't worry about it in a production environment.

I suspect this is the 1st of many threads like this.......I wish the OP the best of luck, but there ain't no way I'd be the 1 of the 1st retailers offering this service being a dish guinea pig.......:eek:

I suspect this is the 1st of many threads like this.......I wish the OP the best of luck, but there ain't no way I'd be the 1 of the 1st retailers offering this service being a dish guinea pig.......:eek:

We have no idea how many units are in the field in this closed Beta. If info being posted is accurate they are aggressively rolling updates in advance of launch.

To not have to hear about the inability to share DVR content between rooms will be worth some initial pain.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

We have no idea how many units are in the field in this closed Beta. If info being posted is accurate they are aggressively rolling updates in advance of launch.

To not have to hear about the inability to share DVR content between rooms will be worth some initial pain.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

To whose wallet? Customer, Retailer or both? This needs to be good now, not on release date or later.

Ok , I put the Hopper and Joeys in Standby. When I came into the office this morning there was programming on all three TV's. I have the hopper connected to a broadband connection and the Hopper shows connectivity but the Joey's don't. Is this also a software issue?

Here is how to fix the issue...

Do a factory reset You do this by going to Menu > Settings > Diagnostics > Factory Defaults

Once this is done the Hopper will go through the install wizard again. Make sure no Joey's are plugged in until after this is completed. Once done then plug in the Joeys to the network again and power them up again. (If you had power going to them then reboot them)

After that you should be all set. :)

Having same issue as OP on a similar setup, but no taps. Single Node, 2 Joey's, all RG6. I tried what is listed above, no help, as it doesn't go back through the install wizard again. Looks like I got a software update today.

From your other post, my CLIENT ID does not match what you listed, it is ZA:001:S254:0GZA. Is this the issue? How would I get this resolved (other than hopefully a future software update)?

Having same issue as OP on a similar setup, but no taps. Single Node, 2 Joey's, all RG6. I tried what is listed above, no help, as it doesn't go back through the install wizard again. Looks like I got a software update today.

From your other post, my CLIENT ID does not match what you listed, it is ZA:001:S254:0GZA. Is this the issue? How would I get this resolved (other than hopefully a future software update)?

I will second or third this issue, No taps, single node, 1 Joey, 1 Hopper. Both Hopper and Joey see each other, but wont "Link". Tried all the resets factory settings etc. Programming on the Hopper, nothing on the Joey. Retail services was no help.

I have the same problem. My Hopper and Joey won't connect. They see each other but aren't talking. I have resent both the Hopper and Joey. I also did a bad thing and installed the Joey before the Hopper. I assume that is the reason it won't work correctly?

I have the same problem. My Hopper and Joey won't connect. They see each other but aren't talking. I have resent both the Hopper and Joey. I also did a bad thing and installed the Joey before the Hopper. I assume that is the reason it won't work correctly?

That is exactly what the problem is.

What you need to do is unplug the home video cable from joey(s) and put joey in standby, if it wont go into it, do a front panel reset and then press power as soon as it come back on. then reconnect home video network line, then unplug joey from power and then plug back in, the joey should then go to a 061 message that it is downloading the s/w from the hopper which should only take about 5minutes or so. If that doesnt work you have to make sure that the Hopper has the Joey s/w downloaded, if it doesnt then you have to do a front panel reset on hopper to try to bring install wizard up if it doesnt come up then you need to factory reset the hopper to prompt it to dl the joey s/w, after it downloads the info then continue with the joey and it is best to just leave the joey unplugged during the dl on the hopper and then start from the beginning of this post to get the joey to dl s/w

Ok , I put the Hopper and Joeys in Standby. When I came into the office this morning there was programming on all three TV's. I have the hopper connected to a broadband connection and the Hopper shows connectivity but the Joey's don't. Is this also a software issue?

Without the Joey's having an actual connection to the internet they will show no connection but they share the Hopper's connection so it doesnt matter if it shows a connection as long as it is linked to the Hopper it is ok. you can prove this by ordering a BB@H event. and therefore it is not a software issue.

What you need to do is unplug the home video cable from joey(s) and put joey in standby, if it wont go into it, do a front panel reset and then press power as soon as it come back on. then reconnect home video network line, then unplug joey from power and then plug back in, the joey should then go to a 061 message that it is downloading the s/w from the hopper which should only take about 5minutes or so. If that doesnt work you have to make sure that the Hopper has the Joey s/w downloaded, if it doesnt then you have to do a front panel reset on hopper to try to bring install wizard up if it doesnt come up then you need to factory reset the hopper to prompt it to dl the joey s/w, after it downloads the info then continue with the joey and it is best to just leave the joey unplugged during the dl on the hopper and then start from the beginning of this post to get the joey to dl s/w

This fixed the issue for me. Once in standby mode, the Joey's almost instantly started downloading the software.

I have tried the above exactly as you wrote it, without success?
I cant seem to get the Joey to download anything, every time I reset or unplug it as stated it comes back on to "looking for a Hopper to link with"???

I did the same stupid thing, I have a distributed video system in my demo and started the install process on the Joey instead of the Hopper.

The hopper shows the joey and the joey shows the hopper, but they are unlinked and I have no programming or guide access on my joey. The time and date changed and are correct now on the Joey so I believe that the activation took on both, I have programming on the Hopper and it works great.

I have
dish 1000.2
single node
1-hopper
1-joey

problem: joey wont link to the hopper

I have tried;
leaving hopper and joey in standby overnight
resetting(hard and soft)numerous times both hopper and joey
following the above post to the letter(cant get the 061 message)
calling retail services(no help, gave me and email address to send a note to, they replied back asking if I read the install instructions...LOL)
posting here

Please help, I am ready to throw this @#$t out the window, but I kind of like the way the hopper is working
Stefan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts