Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

My turn to have Upgrade Weirdness!
Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 20.14.25.png

I guess I need to check my Mac Pro's NVIDIA drivers. It looks very unhappy... At least the CPU is still Folding.

Edit: Well, whee! Ubuntu 16.04 appears to be where I'm at now. Plus, the latest NVIDIA 375.39 driver. Right now I'm waiting for CUDA to download. Whee!

So I have something to do while I wait for the Echostar XXIII launch.

Last edited:
Well, that took way too much time, and I'm not 100% sure I'm out of the woods yet. What's happening is the NVIDIA driver I tried to install is missing some DRM library which means it can't load, and if it can't load, I can't Fold. So, once I got that figured out, I ended up with a lesser version of the Drivers (376) than I had downloaded from NVIDIA (378.13). If it makes it 24 hours, I think I'll be okay.

I'm not sure if it's the Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or the NVIDIA drivers (Driver Version: 375.39), but the MacPro has dropped 5-10% in PPD since its "upgrade". I'm running into a DRM issue when I try to use the latest drivers downloaded from NVIDIA.

Thanks, all! It looks like smasho will be taking over the 400,000,000 Points Club duties in a couple of days! Great timing! However, that leaves an opening for the 300 Million Points Club that won't be filled for a while...

And DWS44 is tearing up the charts, heading for his first Million Points in a few days.

Last edited:
EVGA is running a raffle to win one of their new 1080 Ti FTW3 GPUs. The odds of winning one are pretty terrible but I figured some of you folders might be interested in this.

https://wn.nr/qXd7cA

Full disclosure: The reason that link looks weird is because it's a personalized refer a friend link. If anyone enters the raffle using that link I get an additional entry.

I just picked up a Windows 7 Xeon machine with a Quadro card and the client won't install. It isn't exactly a screamer, but it is a lot faster than the other machines I've used. Alas it has been relegated to running BOINC.

It might be a older Kepler-based NVIDIA Quadro. If it fits the case, a 3GB GTX 1060 would make a fine 300,000 PPD addition to a Folding farm.

—Roland