Just got a Voom box...got lotta questions

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just got a Voom box from a member here and got it hooked up and scanned in (thanks Ilya for the AWESOME FAQ at top) :)
Programming in the channels were a snap....but now I have a few questions

-Is there any way to nuke the channels for the "other" market in there? The person I got it from had Florida locals in it and I am in Minneapolis. I scanned in the Mpls and now both are in there. Any way to delete the Florida locals?
-I don't have a HDTV and on my Dish 811 I could "stretch" the non HD programming to fit the screen. Any way to do this on the Voom box? Don't like seeing the grey bars on the side or a small TV screen

Now this one is unique...any way to change the remote address of the box? I have a Starchoice box (also Motorola) so when I hit power, both go on. I have a universal remote for the SC box so I can't change the remote address on that. If I had the original remote I could. I didn't see an option on the Voom box

Thanks guys!

-Is there any way to nuke the channels for the "other" market in there? The person I got it from had Florida locals in it and I am in Minneapolis. I scanned in the Mpls and now both are in there. Any way to delete the Florida locals?
You should be able to go into the channel list and "Hide" the other channels. Or, you can do a scan without an antenna hooked up and then save after it finds zero channels. That'll clear it out too. Then, just scan again with the antenna attached and save after it finds all your channels.

-I don't have a HDTV and on my Dish 811 I could "stretch" the non HD programming to fit the screen. Any way to do this on the Voom box? Don't like seeing the grey bars on the side or a small TV screen

System settings and then option number 1 which is picture format. Should have two options there, one of them is for how it should display wide format picture on your narrow tv. I think I have mine set to crop. Sure, you lose the sides, but it fills up the entire screen and I think that's what you're after.

Now this one is unique...any way to change the remote address of the box? I have a Starchoice box (also Motorola) so when I hit power, both go on. I have a universal remote for the SC box so I can't change the remote address on that. If I had the original remote I could. I didn't see an option on the Voom box

Thanks guys!

I have the same problem with my DSR-922. I don't believe there is a way to change the remote code.

You should be able to go into the channel list and "Hide" the other channels. Or, you can do a scan without an antenna hooked up and then save after it finds zero channels. That'll clear it out too. Then, just scan again with the antenna attached and save after it finds all your channels.
damn. Never thought of that

I have the same problem with my DSR-922. I don't believe there is a way to change the remote code.

I think I solved my problem. Getting a original StarChoice remote that I can change the remote address so they won't clash :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts