Keeping equipment in move?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
I have my transfer in effect for two weeks. When I called the movers group the guy said for me to bring my equipment but I cant keep my Genie. I questioned him a few times telling him it made no sense but he stayed with his story. Is this guy right or full of crap?

Makes no sense, unless you were expecting to get a second Genie which DirecTV won't allow...

No you bring all your equip with you and we reinstall your existing. Call back. He probably tried to open a new account for you. Call the movers number.
that was the movers number. I have one Genie at home and Im adding three clients. He told me they would give me a new one and thats just how it works. Im like that makes no sense. He first was telling me it was not going to cost me anything and at the end he says it will cost me like 330.00 bucks. I think he said that it was a hundred for the install and the rest was for the wireless clients. I told him they already had a dish installed at the house so he took a hundred off. Does all this sound ok or should I call back?

I'd call back and cancel the movers connection if the setup at the new place is a swm type, then you can just connect the equipment yourself. Then call and add the clients. If it's not a swm, then go ahead and do like twizt3dkitty said.

I'd call back and cancel the movers connection if the setup at the new place is a swm type, then you can just connect the equipment yourself. Then call and add the clients. If it's not a swm, then go ahead and do like twizt3dkitty said.
The issue is were moving in with her grandmother and we need clients right away. We only have the genie right now.

I'd still call back and make sure you can keep the Genie you have now. I can't see why not.

He's full of crap. He doesn't know how to use OMS (directv ordering system). Take your genie, the tech should install it for you and get everything corrected on his side with a brief phone call.

He's full of crap. He doesn't know how to use OMS (directv ordering system). Take your genie, the tech should install it for you and get everything corrected on his side with a brief phone call.
Does the pricing of it seem right?

Does the pricing of it seem right?

If you are SWITCHING to wireless, that could be right depending on your tenure, because they'd be upgrading all of your clients to wireless, plus doing the mover's install:

$99 for the WVB and install
$69 x3 for the clients (maybe, someone correct me if I'm wrong about the price).

so neighborhood of $300 for your mover's upgrade.

If you're already wireless, the charges should be significantly lower.

If you are SWITCHING to wireless, that could be right depending on your tenure, because they'd be upgrading all of your clients to wireless, plus doing the mover's install:

$99 for the WVB and install
$69 x3 for the clients (maybe, someone correct me if I'm wrong about the price).

so neighborhood of $300 for your mover's upgrade.

If you're already wireless, the charges should be significantly lower.
The deal was three clients for free plus a genie upgrade. Since I needed another client I guess it sounds right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)