Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

Guys, How is this dish and what is it really worth? I live about 4 hours away i'm willing to take the drive should i offer like 100 max??

Guys, How is this dish and what is it really worth? I live about 4 hours away i'm willing to take the drive should i offer like 100 max??

I don't know what dish it is, but if he's crazy enough to list it on Ebay for $1,300, he's never going to take only $100 for it. I see no reason to believe it's special enough to work very hard on convincing the guy. I can already see that it's bent, and from his photos I think he's hiding other issues.

Agree with primestar31. Be wary of this one. A check of the seller's feedback for last 6 months shows 6 transactions two of which were a negative and a neutral. The seller says they've been using it for tv but I don't think they are watching very much tv with an analog receiver. Be wary of shipping as well. The seller doesn't specifically say you can pick it up - only that shipping will be determined by location. They could technically force you to have it shipped if your bid is accepted. I'd clarify that with them first, as well as any other questions you may have. Then, since they have Best Offer enabled, you could try. If it doesn't sell they may change their mind and take what they can get for it. Good luck!:)

I couldn't tell that it was bent I'm new to this game never owned a big dish but I knew it's not worth 1300 lol. Thanks for the help.

Looks new, all aluminum, no other parts:

00l0l_6a8UaLWuqJM_300x300.jpg

http://richmond.craigslist.org/ele/4760212698.html

What is it? Is it rare or highly coveted? Its near me but I have my own BUD project going on right now, waiting on just a pole of all things! Fabricator is swamped and a month behind.

Agree with primestar31. Be wary of this one. A check of the seller's feedback for last 6 months shows 6 transactions two of which were a negative and a neutral. The seller says they've been using it for tv but I don't think they are watching very much tv with an analog receiver. Be wary of shipping as well. The seller doesn't specifically say you can pick it up - only that shipping will be determined by location. They could technically force you to have it shipped if your bid is accepted. I'd clarify that with them first, as well as any other questions you may have. Then, since they have Best Offer enabled, you could try. If it doesn't sell they may change their mind and take what they can get for it. Good luck!:)

I got him down to 700 he won't budge. He says he can get more if he scraps it so whatever.

I got him down to 700 he won't budge. He says he can get more if he scraps it so whatever.
That's what he thinks - even at best grade scrap metal prices that dish better weigh about 1000lbs if he thinks he'll get that for it!:D If I was gonna spend that kind of money I'd get a new one but your better off looking around some more first. If you find the right person you can get one really cheap or even free just for removing it from their property.

That's what he thinks - even at best grade scrap metal prices that dish better weigh about 1000lbs if he thinks he'll get that for it!:D If I was gonna spend that kind of money I'd get a new one but your better off looking around some more first. If you find the right person you can get one really cheap or even free just for removing it from their property.

Ok thanks

I offered $50 for a ten foot orbitron on CL. Owner replied saying it was worth $2900 in scrap value alone. A week or two later I was told some guy had offered near $1000 for it. Long story short - I got it for $50. I imagine no one else showed interest.

It might be worth to keep in touch with the owner.

Looks new, all aluminum, no other parts:

View attachment 102758

http://richmond.craigslist.org/ele/4760212698.html

What is it? Is it rare or highly coveted? Its near me but I have my own BUD project going on right now, waiting on just a pole of all things! Fabricator is swamped and a month behind.
i'm not sure of the make but I can tell you its not rare or coveted. it wont replace winegard quadstar panels. also no intermediate support ring so may not be perfect parabolic shape anymore. also where are other 2 panels? all in all not worth $120 IMHO.

i'm not sure of the make but I can tell you its not rare or coveted. it wont replace winegard quadstar panels. also no intermediate support ring so may not be perfect parabolic shape anymore. also where are other 2 panels? all in all not worth $120 IMHO.

Thanks again beavs2112 sort of what I was thinking, not worth it.

This thread has inspired me. I just bought a used Andrew 1.2m dish for $99 from a truck stop owner who was going out of business in Claysville, Pa. It looks to be in good shape except for the bird poop. I will start off trying to pick up C band transponders. I know 4ft isn't enough really but I can still play.

Ultimately, I want it aimed at AMC 21. There seem to be more channels and feeds on it but the signals are weaker. At this point my 76cm Winegard gets 8 channels (the ones on 12180) but since it is my favorite bird, I want all of them.

Thanks.

J

P.S. My new dish is not made of metal but of some kind of fiberglass/plastic. I am sure it is conductive but it doesn't seem like it.

This thread has inspired me. I just bought a used Andrew 1.2m dish for $99 from a truck stop owner who was going out of business in Claysville, Pa. It looks to be in good shape except for the bird poop. I will start off trying to pick up C band transponders. I know 4ft isn't enough really but I can still play.

Ultimately, I want it aimed at AMC 21. There seem to be more channels and feeds on it but the signals are weaker. At this point my 76cm Winegard gets 8 channels (the ones on 12180) but since it is my favorite bird, I want all of them.

Thanks.

J

P.S. My new dish is not made of metal but of some kind of fiberglass/plastic. I am sure it is conductive but it doesn't seem like it.
Nice find! I believe the Andrew dishes are good ones.:)