Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

8 Ft. C/Ku Band Satellite Dish Black Mesh; Complete - $500 (east cobb)
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/4662601696.html
00J0J_3cKOjN8DDD_600x450.jpg
00b0b_aI1OMHNcJAy_600x450.jpg
really interested in this dish set-up, is it worth the investment?

really interested in this dish set-up, is it worth the investment?
hi o'doyle. welcome to our forum. agreed the price isn't too outrageous for everything there. some people ask for way more for just the dish only & some give em away for free in exchange for removal labor. its already disassembled on the ground so that's worth a little more money. I love the fta hobby (so my judgement might be biased) but if it was my money i'd say go for it. i love c-band fta. lotsa cool stuff to watch. it isn't a direct replacement for cable or Dish/Direct however. trying to get both bands c&ku on a prime focus dish can be difficult so some members have separate dishes for each band YMMV. don't know your financial situation so 500 may be a small fortune. echostar dishes aren't made anymore & were good quality BITD. looks like your gonna need to get a diseq1.2 controller for the linear actuator & feedhorn motor. since that feedhorn is a polarotor you'll need a Titanium ASC1 to control both the feedhorn motor & linear actuator motor. ASC1'S are generally good units.

Reactions: norman881
hi o'doyle. welcome to our forum. agreed the price isn't too outrageous for everything there. some people ask for way more for just the dish only & some give em away for free in exchange for removal labor. its already disassembled on the ground so that's worth a little more money. I love the fta hobby (so my judgement might be biased) but if it was my money i'd say go for it. i love c-band fta. lotsa cool stuff to watch. it isn't a direct replacement for cable or Dish/Direct however. trying to get both bands c&ku on a prime focus dish can be difficult so some members have separate dishes for each band YMMV. don't know your financial situation so 500 may be a small fortune. echostar dishes aren't made anymore & were good quality BITD. looks like your gonna need to get a diseq1.2 controller for the linear actuator & feedhorn motor. since that feedhorn is a polarotor you'll need a Titanium ASC1 to control both the feedhorn motor & linear actuator motor. ASC1'S are generally good units.

I told the guy I would make arrangements to come pick it up in the next week or so, my gut feeling was it looks like a good deal, I will keep you all posted on my outcome...thanks for the input tho.. always appreciated

Reactions: Titanium
Its disassembled and comes with all the accessories, even the pole! Its not like you can go to the store and buy a BUD. Keep us posted!

Well it IS "capable of moving to different galaxies", that should be worth something.

8 footer? Would be a good buy at $100, with or without the 4D, if it's in good condition w/pole.

The price seems a bit high for as cold as it will be for a while. Anyway....It includes a 4D receiver and according to the guy it last moved in 2008. The receiver model number/ Part number is 407829-001. Its quite close to my house. Thoughts?

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/4833496546.html

$30-$50 for a 7.5ft mesh here in my area (California) is typical. If its a 10ft (doubt it) maybe $50-$100. I suggest no value whatever to the satellite Receiver these days.

It appears to be a 8' dish. I think $75 is a fair price when it gets a little warmer. Oddly enough i saw it yesterday when i was getting off the highway and sure enough it shows up on craigslist today.

The 4D is a 920 so,unless the battery has been changed it's likely dead,the ID is lost and can't be used for subscription.It still could be used as a dish mover and a "radio" even with a bad ID,if a new battery was installed.

All Birdviews are beautiful! If there's one near you, GRAB it. Unless you're near me, in which case, It'll be first come, first serve..and I WILL be first! (insert chuckling here.)....All kidding aside, they're the BEST, adaptable to today's technology with little trouble, and they last forever. I hope whomever gets this one explains that getting the pole out is not tough, and gets the whole thing. The top of the poles for these have a dual lockdown, one for preventing axis turning, and one that holds the cap tight on the top for no tilt. REALLY well designed.