Ku dish used for Cband

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melbfla

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2006
Hello everyone . Well I have finally found the time to try this myself. I know people have been doing mini / micro Buds with smaller dishes in the past and probably now as well.
I just wanted to at least in my case using an offset ku band dish to get cband has worked.
I am pointing to 91W getting 3934 V 2480 for my mom . I had a ku setup motorized already but wanted a Cband project to play with . I have included a couple pf pics . I use a Fortec Lifetime Classic I know an oldie but goody
also these 2 items below from Amazon. I just wanted to let all know that if you are like me and have wanted to try to do it I have good results .
Regards to all
image-1-jpg.110416
image-jpg.110417

C1W-PLL lite C-band LNBF Wideband - Phase Lock Loop C1-PLL and a
CS1 Conical Scalar Kit for Offset Satellite Dishes LNBF and Feedhorns

Thank you guys
I know there has been I am just kind of happy with the results has been a long time since I messed with the hobby , family,work, and other life stuff .
I am including a few more pics in case it will help someone . It is fairly cloudy right now and still have a good signal, also I am showing the switch, lnb position on the arm of course it might be different for others i had to drill a whole about 5 inches down the arm to peak the lnb positiion, also the mount I found it on the side of the road a while ago attached to a slimline dish someone was throwing, away (love dumpster diving and picking up cool stuff on trash day "wife not so much" lol)
Hope all enjoy if you have any questions please ask I will try to help (not a great expert) but will try . Also I lined up the dish with the ku lnb first and peaked the signal there very important at least I think so.
I promise no more picture LOL. I
image(2).jpg
image(3).jpg
image(4).jpg
image.jpg
imagea.jpg

Ok sorry I meant to include 2 more pictures before I know I said no more pictures but this is it (I think) lol . One shows the fortec signal and settings the other is geosatpro micro hd
image.jpg
image.jpg

Regards

Reactions: spongella
That is a nice heavy-duty collar-type mount, keeps the dish stable when tightening up the nuts. Great pictures and very valuable info, thanks very much. Nice job!

Thank you all for your comments the mount is very very good . A quick update I must say I have to give credit to others that have done this system before also I have to say that the lnb is part of the success today is raining and more cloudy than it was yesterday and yet the signal still pretty strong the channel is nice and clear no break up maybe all of them are better now days as technology has improved but I for one am very please with the performance
Regards

Now I want to try my hand at C band on a small dish. Thankfully the one I have is 3 feet and at the moment has a Ku band PLL LNB which I know is working. The results with the GeoSat Pro receiver (same model I have in fact) basically got me wanting to get this a shot and see what happens.

Reactions: spongella
Hello Corrado they are the ones like NMoon has it is the 90cm 36" dishes not the smallest that some others have used. So far even with a lot of clouds and some rain not heavy rain has kept the signal. Thanks
Regards

Thank you for the info spongella I thought maybe becouse the dish size was smaller than a traditional bud I would have a bigger problem with rain fade but is good to know.
My wife always told me that size matters lol ok I know what you are all thinking she says I need to loose some weight LOL

Reactions: Titanium
Wow, that's the same dish I'm using for Ku-band with a HH90 motor, I didn't have much luck with C-band on that dish, but I was using the original lnb mount hole, now I'm wanting to try again after seeing your photos. How far from the original LNB bolt hole is your new mount? I currently have C-band 99w on an old Primestar dish, this looks like it would work much better. Looks like the same C-band LNB that I'm using too. . Wonder how well this would work with a combo C/Ku LNBF and HH90 motor? Time for experimenting... :biggrin2 Thanks for sharing! :thumbup

Wow, that's the same dish I'm using for Ku-band with a HH90 motor, I didn't have much luck with C-band on that dish, but I was using the original lnb mount hole, now I'm wanting to try again after seeing your photos. How far from the original LNB bolt hole is your new mount? I currently have C-band 99w on an old Primestar dish, this looks like it would work much better. Looks like the same C-band LNB that I'm using too. . Wonder how well this would work with a combo C/Ku LNBF and HH90 motor? Time for experimenting... :biggrin2 Thanks for sharing! :thumbup
I will give you the exact number in the morning glad you enjoy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)