Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
Hello all

i'm looking at getting some new Ku LNBFs. I want something durable and as stable as possible. I was wondering if there was any significant differences between the Maverick MK1-PLL and the GeoSatPro SL1-PLL.

From what i'm reading on the websites of their resellers, they share basically the same specs:
60dB gain, +/-150 KHz LO stability . They even look very similar... The prices are quite similar too.

One difference is that it seems that the Maverick is only available as single output, and standard LO, while the GeoSatPro has the usual variety of single, dual, even quad, and standard or universal LO

Any pros and cons you can think of, any reason to choose one over the other?

Price the MK1-PLL is a better value.

KE4EST has them for a good price on his site.

Reactions: Brct203
the INVERTO BLACK PREMIUM LNB is a top performer.
but not cheap.
Do they have any distributor in the US? Strangely the prices i've seen are all over the place, including one site where the single inverto black premium was €5.80, so about $6-7, and then the Quatro on Amazon is $53, sold by some book store in NC with a product description in German!

but is it all that good? I mean, it doesn't seem to be a PLL. I'd be interested in seeing an actual comparison with PLL LNBFs.

One thing i have noticed is that many DRO LNBFs claim 0.1 dB noise figure, and most PLLs can't seem to do better than 0.5 dB. But of course the PLLs have a much more stable LO. So which is most critical factor for FTA, where we deal sometimes with less-than-ideal signal strength, and some complex modulations like 8PSK (and maybe some day we'll see some 16apsk in Ku)?

I bought the quatro.
I had a few pll lnbs and misc others and the inverto blackout outperforms every one.
it is a good noticeable difference when trying to receive weak signals.
The forums in europe all have good reviews of this product.
the noise ratings on most lnbs are mostly hype, we like to believe what we read.
i cant find my two pll lnbs and dont remember what co they were from.

Yeah, I want to say those noise ratings are just marketing hype, but they are a flat out lie. :D
The problem is, most of the sellers do not know any better and are just posting up what they are told.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts