Large number of Blu-ray failures?

The difference is that Blockbuster does not have anywhere near the number of copies of a disk that they need to support their current demand, and they never replace worn out copies. There simply is not enough disks to go around!

We just had this as well with two bad Blu-Ray in a row (one being Dark Shadows as well 20min in, funny if the same disc as above...) We went months without a problem, then slowly getting more and more problematic disks. They are usually pretty good about sending out the replacement. However we often watch the movie Friday night, so SOL until the following week if there's a problem as no BB near us. I swear the replacement I get seems to be a "better" quality disc most of the time. May be psychosomatic, but the bad disc tends to feel flimsy/bendy, and the replacement that work rarely has a scratch on it and feels thicker.

EDIT: Also not so sure it's the player. I've got a PS3, and a couple PCs also with BluRay drives. I've noticed if a disc has an issue, I see it on all three.

-Mike

Last edited:
Yes, but, not sure if they are allowed to buy a master and replicate so many. Not a lot of reasoning why BB has bad discs and Netflix and Redbox do not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts