Last and Next UHD Movie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mad Max Fury Road on Vudu, amazing looking picture, watch the first 15 min. in 4K, then went back and watched the same 15 min. again in 1080P (HDX), even up-converted 1080P to 4K does not compare to the real 4K video, I really paid attention to the grains of sand, amazing detail.

Finish the rest of the movie in 4K, Atmos track was great also.

bruce- I have yet to try Vudu 4K. I should splurge this weekend and check out your claim. To date, I have about 20 Vudu 3D titles in My Collection.

Did you watch Vudu with BT2020 HDR, or BT709 8 bit color gamut?

bruce- I have yet to try Vudu 4K. I should splurge this weekend and check out your claim. To date, I have about 20 Vudu 3D titles in My Collection.

Did you watch Vudu with BT2020 HDR, or BT709 8 bit color gamut?

8 Bit, Roku 4 does not have HDR.

The only problem with Vudu and 4K is that they only have Warner Titles.

Another good app for 4K is Ultraflix, they have all the Paramount titles, newer and older, but you can only get it with the Shield, Roku 4 and Vizio TVs, I don't believe it is on the Samsung.

https://www.ultraflix.com

They have a good deal, 25 rentals for $49.99, that is only $2 for each 4K title.

If you decide to get a Roku 4 it does have a optical output so you can use HDMI directly to your projector, but you will only get Stereo sound.

Last: ID4 Extended cut

Glad to be up and running again. I first saw this 20 years ago at the first showing opening day. Clean film. This was probably the best presentation I've seen since then. Looked really good. I'm not one that complains of grain. Sounded even better. The restored scenes cleared a few things up. I really liked the first scene in the alien fighter.

S~

Last: Deadpool

Audio and video were really good. I enjoyed the movie. Wasn't the best ever, though,

Next: The Revenant

S~

91W8L%2BT8FzL._SX342_.jpg

Divergent Allegiant
I do not get the negative reviews, liked it better than the last one. Pretty crazy special fx and great PQ too.

Reactions: dfergie
Last: The 5th Wave

Not that much to write home about. Very predictable. Audio and Video were really good.

Next: Batman vs. Superman

S~

Last: Batman vs Superman Ultimate Edition

Wow. Long movie. First hour was kind of slow. Rest was pretty good. I don't mind grain, but a couple scenes were horrible.

S~

I just got Ghost Busters I and II.

Good quality but there are a few scenes that are very grainy. Especially the opening studio logo shots. Looks like they used some old 3/4 Umatic 10th generation composite video quality. But most scenes were very high UHD quality with excellent P3 color gamut and obvious HDR.

Last: Criminall

PQ was very good. Typical 5.1 DTS MA Lionsgate track. It was good. The movie had a stellar cast and could have been so good. I found it to be mediocre at best although my Dad liked it.

Next: Angry Birds (Can't decide whether to watch it in UHD or 3D.

S~

First and only 4k BD: The Martian.

Good, we love the movie and the book, but weren't super impressed w/ 4k. Maybe need to figure out some better settings. I'd accidentally set it on HDR+ mode so we were watching it that way. I kinda prefer the dynamic mode on my KS8000 and the brighter colors and with soap opera mode disabled. Need to re-watch w/ dynamic enabled, or look up some good calibration settings for my set.

91W8L%2BT8FzL._SX342_.jpg

Divergent Allegiant
I do not get the negative reviews, liked it better than the last one. Pretty crazy special fx and great PQ too.

Problem with this movie is the deviations from the book. Like most book adaptations.

Now You See Me 2 UHD

If you liked the 1st one, this one is entertaining. PQ was good, and outstanding at times with a lot of pop from the HDR. New Panny went off without a hitch and the image appears to be razor sharp. Next will be Jungle Book 3D, once I get my 3D cal on the 15th.

TMNT Out of the Shadows

Opted to grab the UHD version to try out the Integral. Man, the PQ was stunning, CGI has come a LONG way. Audio was great, especially the LFE.

Problem with this movie is the deviations from the book. Like most book adaptations.

I have a solution for you- See the movie first and then read the book. Now you can say the book deviated from the movie. :D

My solution is I restrict my reading to only books that will be very unlikely to be made into a movie. Not enough time anyway. I'm so busy in retirement, I don't know how I ever found the time to work. Last movie/book I read was Under the Dome. Talk about a deviation!