Last & Next Movie Watched

Last was Maggie. A very strange role for Schwartzenegger. It wasn't great, but as zombie related movies go, not bad at all. Also watch Kingsmen. Loved it! Good escapism.
Lloyd

The Hunger Games Catching Fire ... Mockingjay part 1 makes more sense now...
That sounds like me and "Insurgent" which my friend talked me into seeing when it came out. I knew some of the backstory but had not seen the original "Divergent" movie.

I saw it was on HBO Now and finally watched it. Same reaction... "Ah-ha! Now I see why ... happened in Insurgent!"

Black Hat

It was OK, not bad but felt like it could have been more. PQ was very sharp at times in a very good looking digital, and several of the scenes were shot in a way that reminded me of Collateral (another Mann movie). AQ was spotty. In a few of the gunfights and the end it was very very good. The big gun fight in the middle of the movie was LOUD, and pretty awesome, but there were times where you couldn't even hear folks or it seemed something was wrong. Noted by other blu-ray reviewers as well. I watched at 0.0 reference volume and found myself having trouble hearing certain scenes of dialogue, and then when the action scenes hit it was "damn".

I put my limiter on Blackhat so that I could hear the dialogue during the louder scenes...it flattens the dynamic range out quite a bit, but at least I could hear the dialogue, which, the first time I watched it, without my limiter, was extremely uneven and very hard to hear at times, even in quiet scenes. It was a good movie, but whoever did the audio mix should be sent back to audio training...

Reactions: gadgtfreek
Agree!

That shootout during the day that started in the tunnel and ended with the containers was pretty awesome though! When rounds went thru the container I thought they were going thru my walls.

TMP_S_000138_SIG.170x170-75.jpg

Not very good