Last & Next Movie Watched

80037280.jpg

Well, that was a weird one. Slow burn creep, not high octane horror. Also musta been shot in natural light like The Revenant, gives it a good look.

Reactions: bmetelsky
Last: London Has Fallen

Not as good as the first one. Really nice PQ and AQ. After watching a bunch of UHD titles in a row, regular blu-rays look flat.

S~

Last: Eye in the Sky

One of the most riveting and tension generating military vs political dramas I have ever seen. Maybe the best movie I've watched all year.

"Never tell a soldier that he does not know the cost of war"...Alan Rickman's last spoken words on film. Think I'm going to have to rent again...maybe buy.

Last edited:
Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition

Ultimate Edition was good, but very long (I did not see shorter version). I could see where the first act could be boring and confusing if you did not understand what was going on, and the comic references.

The final act was outstanding and sets up the big bad for the first Justice League movie.

IMO, best Batman yet. Great detective, which he is first, and great fights.

Just watched it myself. First hour was a little slow. I don't mind grain, but a few scenes were horrible.

S~
Noticed it too...haven't seen film grain like that in years. They filmed a lot of it in low light, dark scenes, night-time. They could've spent some time and money cleaning up the film grain in post, or better yet, used digital cameras throughout. Guess they wanted a bit more of a gritty feeling it...well, they succeeded...