Last night I dreamed that DirecTV added subchannels. They just didn't have guide info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Too bad that didn't actually happen. I would love for DirecTV to add subchannels. It especially would help if you're "moved" and would like to get the subchannels from that area.

I dreamed of Hawaiian beaches and short hula skirts.
Sadly my dream ended the same as yours:(

Last night I dreamed that DirecTV added subchannels. They just didn't have guide info.
doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose?

Oh and last night I dreamed I could actually sleep. Didnt happen

Hey guys, I know I've made a few blips on a couple occasions, but now I'm trying to just chill a little bit so it'd be okay.

Dude it was a dream, kay?
I asked a simple question. You said Directv added the subchannels but no guide which defeats the purpose IMO of having them there.
In this day and age I would go nuts to watch TV without some type of guide on the screen.

I asked a simple question. You said Directv added the subchannels but no guide which defeats the purpose IMO of having them there.
In this day and age I would go nuts to watch TV without some type of guide on the screen.
Well, I remember when I had Dish and had the OTA digital dongle. Some of the stations didn't have guide info, but at least I was able to watch them. I could look up what was on on the internet anyways.

Good thing it was just a dream. Hopefully they never do add digital subchannels. I really do not want bandwidth wasted on a slew of channels that are in SD and have a lot of content that is black & white and monaural. On TWC, I have about 6 subchannels. Justice TV, Get, Grit, Zuus, Think Bright and Antenna. I just don’t get the appeal. One of the channels was showing the movie Hamburger Hill a few nights ago. Crappy SD and edited, not exactly how I like my war movies. I’m glad DirecTV doesn’t waste their time and resources with these things.

You do get the sub channels on DIRECTVs off air module.
yeah but the issue is the database is grossly outdated so to get the missing subchannels you have to run 18 different zip codes and kill an hour to get all the stations in your market

That's assuming the AM21 picks up the channels you want. It's not the most robust tuner out there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)