Let my contract expire for better deals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

drewlawson

Original poster
Jul 11, 2014
My contract expires on August 3rd. I called in to the Retentions Dept. and was offered $10 off for 12 months, $5 off for 24 months, a $100 VISA Gift Card and a $71.96 credit for 4 months of HBO and Showtime. It would add a 1 year contract. I also asked about Sunday Ticket Max and she told me that she could do it for $200 right now but if I call back in August, they might have something better for me. Would I get a better deal if I call back after my contract expires in a few weeks or was she just generally telling me that?

My contract expires on August 3rd. I called in to the Retentions Dept. and was offered $10 off for 12 months, $5 off for 24 months, a $100 VISA Gift Card and a $71.96 credit for 4 months of HBO and Showtime. It would add a 1 year contract. I also asked about Sunday Ticket Max and she told me that she could do it for $200 right now but if I call back in August, they might have something better for me. Would I get a better deal if I call back after my contract expires in a few weeks or was she just generally telling me that?
Chances are you will get a different response each time you call in ... you can probably call back right now and get something different, maybe not as good, maybe better.

Call and set up a pending cancellation a few days after your contract ends. I did and was set an email to call in so they could get my business back. I was offered $35 off monthly bill, NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free, $200 visa card, and a one time $30 bill credit for 12 months commitment. You should be able to get the same deal

Call and set up a pending cancellation a few days after your contract ends. I did and was set an email to call in so they could get my business back. I was offered $35 off monthly bill, NFL Sunday Ticket Max for free, $200 visa card, and a one time $30 bill credit for 12 months commitment. You should be able to get the same deal

That's amazing. Are you saying you got $35 off for 12 months ($420), ST Max ($325), Gift Card ($200) and the Bill Credit ($30) for a total of $975?

So what did you end up doing? My contract is up in October. Im trying to figure out what to do because I cant afford the regular rates.

So what did you end up doing? My contract is up in October. Im trying to figure out what to do because I cant afford the regular rates.

Well, i just got off the phone with them. I went ahead and let my contract expire and called in. First off, I've called in twice over the last month. The first time, I told the automated system to "Cancel Service". I do this every time I call in, to get sent to the Retentions dept (the best department) immediately, but this time I was sent to a regular rep and had to ask to be transferred to Retentions. Tonight, I changed it up and told the automated system "Retentions Department" and AGAIN it sent me to a regular rep and I had to be asked to be transferred to Retentions. So CONFIRM you're talking to the Retentions department when you talk to the rep. All I said to the guy was, "I think my contract expired and I just wanted to confirm that happened." THAT'S ALL I SAID." He replied, "Yeah, it has. You've got a lot of great offers here.", and then he began telling me what he could do. I never had to say anything about canceling, getting a discount or anything else. I was offered $10 off for 12 months ($120), $5 off for 24 months ($120), $100 Visa Gift Card and Free Regular Sunday Ticket ($240). We began talking sports and the SEC network since he mentioned he was a big SEC fan too and, after a while, I asked him if he could upgrade my Sunday Ticket to Max and he said it would be no problem (Add $85 value). He told me I qualified for 4 months of free Showtime and since we had been talking sports, I told him how much I loved Hard Knocks on HBO and he figured out a way to get me a credit for 3 months of HBO and still give me the 4 months of Showtime for free. ($54 for 3 months of HBO). All of this for only a 1 year agreement. I'm not leaving Directv anyway, so signing a 1 year lease is no problem. Bottom line, if you read my first post, my offer when I was under contract was $10 off for 12 months ($120), $5 off for 24 months ($120), a $100 VISA Gift Card and a $71.96 credit for 4 months of HBO and Showtime totaling $411.96. Today, one day after my contract expired, I received $10 off for 12 months ($120), $5 off for 24 months ($120), a $100 VISA Gift Card, a $54 credit for 3 months of HBO and Free 4 months of Showtime and Sunday Ticket Max ($325) totaling $719.00. I definitely think it helps who you talk to, as the rep I spoke with was very personable and I really enjoyed talking to him. I think our mutual interest in sports is why he upgraded my Sunday Ticket to Max when I asked him about it. Good luck to you!

here's my recent experience. i called about a week after my contract expired asking about any discounts they had available. i told them i was considering switching to Dish because they had some great offers ($30 lower monthly bill plus a $200 visa card). they offered me a $20 per month discount for a year with a 1 year contract. not bad but i declined. i called Dish (actually did the chat thing) and found out that they were actually going to be $40 cheaper per month plus the $200 visa card. that was too good to pass up so i went for it. after getting Dish installed, i called Direct a couple days later to cancel. at that time they offered me $30 off per month for a year, $200 visa card and free sunday ticket. i have to say that left me with feeling some switcher's remorse but i had the installation done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)