List of Sinclair Stations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
For those interested, here is a list of markets and stations owned by Sincliar that could be effected by a blackout on Dish.

Birmingham, Ala. - WBMA-ABC, WTTO-CW, WABM-MY
Mobile, Ala./Pensacola,Fla. - WEAR-ABC, WPMI-NBC, WFGX-MY, WJTC-IND
Little Rock, Ark. - KATV-ABC
Bakersfiled, Calif. - KBAK-CBS, KBFX-FOX
Fresno, Calif. - KMPH-FOX, KFRE-CW
Washington, D.C. - WJLA-ABC
West Palm Beach, Fla. - WPEC-CBS, WTVX-CW, WTCN-MY
Gainesville, Fla. - WGFL-CBS, WNBW-NBC, WMYG-MY
Tallahassee, Fla. - WTWC-NBC, WTLF-CW
Albany, Ga. - WFXL-FOX
Macon, Ga. - WGXA-FOX
Savannah, Ga. - WTGS-FOX
Boise, Idaho - KBOI-CBS, KYUU-CW
Lewiston, Idaho - KLEW-CBS
Champaign-Urbana-Springfield, Ill. - WICS/WCID-ABC, WRSP/WCCU-FOX, WBUI-CW
Peoria, Ill. - WHIO-ABC, WYZZ-FOX
Cedar Rapids, Iowa - KGAN-CBS, KFXA-FOX
Des Moines, Iowa - KDSM-FOX
Sioux City, Iowa - KMEG-CBS, KPTH-FOX
Wichita, Kans. - KSAS/KAAS/KOCW-FOX, KMTW-MY
Lexington, Ky. - WDKY-FOX
Portland, Maine - WGME-CBS, WPFO-FOX
Baltimore, Md. - WBFF-FOX, WNUV-CW, WUTB-MY
Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, Mich. - WEYI-NBC, WSMH-FOX, WBSF-CW
Kalamazoo-Grand Rapids, Mich - WWMT-CBS
Marquette, Mich - WLUC-NBC
Traverse City-Cadillac-Sault Ste. Marie, Mich. - WPBN/WTOM-NBC, WGTU/WGTQ-ABC
Minneapolis-St.Paul, Minn. - WUCW-CW
Cape Girardeau,Mo.-Paducah, Ky.-Harrisburg, Ill. - KBSI-FOX, WDKA-MY
Columbia, Mo. - KRCG-CBS
Hannibal, Mo. - Quincy, Ill. - KHQA-CBS
Kirksville, Mo. - Ottumwa, Iowa - KTVO-ABC
St. Louis, Mo. - KDNL-ABC
Omaha, Neb. - KPTM-FOX, KXVO-CW
Las Vegas, Nev. - KSNV-NBC, KVCW-CW
Reno, Nev. - KRNV-NBC, KRXI-FOX, KAME-MY
Buffalo, N.Y. - WUTV-FOX, WNYO-MY
Rochester, N.Y. - WHAM-ABC, WUHF-FOX
Albany-Schenectady, N.Y. - WRGB-CBS, WCWN-CW
Syracuse, N.Y. - WSTM-NBC. WTVH-CBS, WSTQ-CW
Asheville, N.C.-Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C. - WLOS-ABC, WMYA-MY
Raleigh, N.C. - WLFL-CW, WRDC-MY
Winston-Salem, N.C. - WXLV-ABC, WMYV-MY
Cincinnati, Ohio - WKRC-CBS, WSTR-MY
Columbus, Ohio - WSYX-ABC, WTTE-FOX, WWHO-CW
Dayton, Ohio - WKEF-ABC, WRGT-FOX
Wheeling, W. Va.-Stubenville, Ohio - WTOV-NBC
Toledo, Ohio - WNWO-NBC
Okla. City, Okla. - KOKH-FOX, KOCB-CW
Tulsa, Okla. - KTUL-ABC
Eugene-Coos Bay-Roseburg, Ore. - KVAL//KCBY/KPIC-CBS, KMTR/KMCB/KTCW-NBC
Medford, Ore. - KTVL-CBS
Portland, Ore. - KATU-ABC, KUNP-Univ
Harrisburg, Penn. - WHP-CBS, WLYH-CW
Johnstown-Altoona, Penn. - WJAC-NBC
Pittsburgh, Penn. - WPGH-FOX, WPNT-MY
Scranton-Wilkes Barre, Penn. - WOLF-FOX, WSWB-CW, WQMY-MY
Providence, R.I. - WJAR-NBC
Charleston, S.C. - WCIV-ABC, WTAT-FOX
Columbia, S.C. - WACH-FOX
Florence-Myrtle Beach, S.C. - WPDE-ABC, WWMB-CW
Chattanooga, Tenn. - WTVC-ABC
Nashville, Tenn. - WZTV-FOX, WUXP-MY, WNAB-CW
Amarillo, Tex. - KVII/KVIH-ABC,
Austin, Tex. - KEYE-CBS
Beaumont-Port Arthur, Tex. - KFDM-CBS, KBTV-FOX,
El Paso, Tex. - KDBC-CBS, KFOX-FOX
Harlingen, Tex. - KGBT-CBS
San Antonio, Tex. - WOAI-NBC, KABB-FOX, KMYS-CW
Salt Lake City, Utah - KUTV--CBS
Lynchburg-Roanoke, Va. - WSET-ABC
Norfolk-Newport News, Va. - WTVZ-MY
Richmond, Va. - WRLH-FOX
Seattle-Tacoma, Wash. - KOMO-ABC, KUNS-Univ
Yakima, Wash. - KIMA/KEPR-CBS, KUNW/KVVK/KORX-Univ
Charleston-Huntington, W. Va. - WCHS-ABC, WVAH-FOX
Green Bay, Wis. - WLUK-FOX, WCWF-CW
Madison, Wis. - WMSN-FOX
Milwaukee, Wis. - WVTV-CW, WCGV-MY

Last edited:
Dang. That'll leave my San Antonio market with just ABC and CBS for locals. Would be nice if things got resolved sooner rather than later.

Dish is telling people in Traverse City this is not going to get settled If this happens we have NO network channels on Dish

I live in the Birmingham market, but "moved" to the Atlanta DMA some time back. We will loose ABC, CW, and MY, but I get them OTA anyway.

Dish is telling people in Traverse City this is not going to get settled If this happens we have NO network channels on Dish
That is bad for that market, will probably be a lost of switching, "moving," and people buying and installing aerials. In a case like that, they (Dish) should definitely be able to import another market.

Grab a Tivo on the Summer sale for $300 with lifetime. Get a cable card, and switch to Charter cable.

Then you don't have to worry about all the Dish hassles to save .05 cents that never gets passed on to the customer anyway.

Grab a Tivo on the Summer sale for $300 with lifetime. Get a cable card, and switch to Charter cable.

Then you don't have to worry about all the Dish hassles to save .05 cents that never gets passed on to the customer anyway.

I've never lived anywhere that Charter cable is available. Dish is available everywhere I go.

Charter has dropped channels is several markets. For example in Flint they dropped a couple of Detroit stations Comcast charges 9.95 for their local package so I think they have a bigger cushion. Comcast like charter offers duel markets between Cities where Satellite cannot

I am not sure that all those stations are affected. THE legacy Allbritton stations alreday had contracts in place when they were acquired and the same may be true for other recent acquisitions.

I am not sure that all those stations are affected. THE legacy Allbritton stations alreday had contracts in place when they were acquired and the same may be true for other recent acquisitions.
I thought same thing, but KTUL is former Albritton station and they have it up on their website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

For traverse, if they will have no network stations... How will "Take one Take All" apply. If they are taking none, can they "fix" the market so that a nearby market is the "take one" that they take? Or a Conus market? Is his possible at all... Forgive my ignorance, this is not my strong suit.

For those interested, here is a list of markets and stations owned by Sincliar that could be effected by a blackout on Dish.
(snip!)
Seattle-Tacoma, Wash. - KOMO-ABC, KUNS-Univ
(You wnat the whole list - read the initial post. Quoting the whole damn thing is stupid! Anyway,).

Anyone remember the five-month saga that was "Fish v dish?" Well, here we go again. At least Sinclair isn't anywhere as nasty as Fisher was. That said, there has been some talk about SBG starting a national news channel. I wonder if that's a part of these retrans negotiations. Or, perhaps, clearing some if not all of their subchannels somehow.

Whatever it is, both sides best be working this out presently. If this goes through this, by far, will be the largest retrans blackout ever in terms of station count, and nobody is completely safe from the effects, if any.

UPDATE - 12:05 AM PT: As of now, dish is still carrying KOMO and KUNS here, though a crawl continues to run about every 30 minutes alerting of a possible blackout. BTW: If a blackout comes on Sunday dish viewers here will be denied a five-hour midday block of mostly infomercial crap. Well, at least the PGA Championship is on KIRO.

Last edited:
(You wnat the whole list - read the initial post. Quoting the whole damn thing is stupid! Anyway,).

Anyone remember the five-month saga that was "Fish v dish?" Well, here we go again. At least Sinclair isn't anywhere as nasty as Fisher was. That said, there has been some talk about SBG starting a national news channel. I wonder if that's a part of these retrans negotiations. Or, perhaps, clearing some if not all of their subchannels somehow.

Whatever it is, both sides best be working this out presently. If this goes through this, by far, will be the largest retrans blackout ever in terms of station count, and nobody is completely safe from the effects, if any.

UPDATE - 12:05 AM PT: As of now, dish is still carrying KOMO and KUNS here, though a crawl continues to run about every 30 minutes alerting of a possible blackout. BTW: If a blackout comes on Sunday dish viewers here will be denied a five-hour midday block of mostly infomercial crap. Well, at least thDTV already carries it in the area (DC) so it may well be one of the negotiating issues here----if the legacy Allbritton channels are tied up in this.

Thans OSu. I see nothing on WJLA's site. I hope neither of us losesa station----though I get mine OTA quite easily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)