Live 4K Broadcast on DIRECTV this month!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
not viewable without an account, so i mad one and still cant see it
had to join a group

Also, if you go into 4k VOD on 1102 most of the Imax movies are now free. I think like a total of 30 or something documentaries that are free. Some like Bourbontucky are still 3.99, but the majority are free. It makes sense that the first live 4k programming is not on reverse band given the fact they would want to get reports on any issues and the LNB isn't released yet. I would expect that future launches later in the year will require the LNB though. Time will tell and AT&T may have plans for reverse band transponders that we don't know about yet, but it would make sense to keep 4k on those transponders when they do launch permanent services like ESPN, Discovery and NASAUHD. I would like to see Mark Cuban do a UHDNET. :)

Sorry I forgot about that. I didn't want to steal traffic away from them and forgot you need to register and log in to read things there.

You need a HR-54 and a C61K or Approved 4K TV that has 4K RVU Support. :)

Sorry I forgot about that. I didn't want to steal traffic away from them and forgot you need to register and log in to read things there.

You need a HR-54 and a C61K or Approved 4K TV that has 4K RVU Support. :)

I would recommend that you register over there anyhow. They have a good group of guys and are helpful when it comes to troubleshooting issues. Lots of knowledge over there.

I would recommend that you register over there anyhow. They have a good group of guys and are helpful when it comes to troubleshooting issues. Lots of knowledge over there.
Yeah...

May register over there ...

I was with the former CE group for a good while regularly testing and reporting on pre-release firmware. But it caused too much of a conflict with the rest of the family that just want to watch and record DIRECTV programming on stable boxes, and not also use them as lab rats beta testing software.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

So, when I pay $300.00 to swap my HR44 for an HR54 to watch this one test event will I have to purchase yet another HR Something to watch the 4k UHD broadcasts when D* decides what method they are going to use when they begin broadcasting linear 4K UHD channels?

As far as we know, linear 4K will require an Hr54, plus a C61K or a compatible RVU TV. Although the first test does NOT need a reverse band LNB, speculation is that full production of 4K will.

So, when I pay $300.00 to swap my HR44 for an HR54 to watch this one test event will I have to purchase yet another HR Something to watch the 4k UHD broadcasts when D* decides what method they are going to use when they begin broadcasting linear 4K UHD channels?
The HR54 will be able to receive linear 4K UHD channels (along with the reverse band LNB), it's just that you also need to use a C61K client or RVU 4K TV client to view it since the HR54 doesn't support 4K TV's.

I have a 4K UHD display, C61K, and an HR44. The last thing I want to do is swap out my 44 for a 54 at the price of $300.00 only to find out in a month that D* is launching a NEW Genie or something else that will be REQUIRED to receive 4K UHD linear channels.
I fell for the 4K pass-through AVR BS!!

Very interesting and may check it out and Thanks Scott for all updates and for all info you do for us and link worked for me!!

It's there, I just checked again and it's still there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.31.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 5.31.46 PM.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 540
Almost all NFL games are now shot with 4K Cameras. They are just not broadcast from the stadiums in 4K.

There is still a rumor going around we could see the game (and game only) as a 4K VOD after the game.

It is being reported by iamanedgecutter.com that DIRECTV will bradcast its first LIVE 4K Broadcast with a PGA Golf Special from 2/17-2/21 on channel 9801.

For more details on how to receive this broadcast please visit: http://iamanedgecutter.com/showthread.php/553-YOU-READ-IT-HERE-FIRST-Test-live-4K-on-DIRECTV
I posted this on Sunday afternoon in a thread here.
"The latest is the first transmission will be with the Northern Trust Open Feb 17-21th. It will not require the Reverse Band lnb to receive it. It will be shown on channel 9801. There is currently 4K programming on ch. 1102. With just the HR54, I currently can't see that channel."

I posted this on Sunday afternoon in a thread here.
"The latest is the first transmission will be with the Northern Trust Open Feb 17-21th. It will not require the Reverse Band lnb to receive it. It will be shown on channel 9801. There is currently 4K programming on ch. 1102. With just the HR54, I currently can't see that channel."
Do you have a c61 and or rvu tv with the 4k rate code? A hr54 will not work by otself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts