LNB Question Direct TV BS1H3UP250M

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Far from all? How much sd programming isn't on 101? Local sd channels on 119 is the vast majority of what isn't on 101 in sd, and it's not national. About the only other programming on 119 in sd is foreign.
While it may be easy to paint with a large brush, it isn't necessarily true depending on where you are. Several of the LIL markets in that area are on 119W (Eugene, Klamath Falls/Medford, Reno, Las Vegas, Chico/Redding, Bakersfield, Fresno, Tucson, Albuquerque/Santa Fe). There are 30 Sonic tap channels on 119W as well as and handful of PI programming and all of the HD programming that can be grabbed with a Ku setup.

While it may be easy to paint with a large brush, it isn't necessarily true depending on where you are. Several of the LIL markets in that area are on 119W (Eugene, Klamath Falls/Medford, Reno, Las Vegas, Chico/Redding, Bakersfield, Fresno, Tucson, Albuquerque/Santa Fe). There are 30 Sonic tap channels on 119W as well as and handful of PI programming and all of the HD programming that can be grabbed with a Ku setup.

The only programming in question is national sd, so your mentioning of local on 119 is irrelevant, as is the hd programming on 119. The only thing in the discussion is the Sonic Tap on 119 and maybe the PI channels. So where is the "far from all" programming you referred to?

The only programming in question is national sd, so your mentioning of local on 119 is irrelevant, as is the hd programming on 119.
The question was what the TS might miss, not some narrow subset that you've chosen to argue over.
The only thing in the discussion is the Sonic Tap on 119 and maybe the PI channels. So where is the "far from all" programming you referred to?
How nice of you to change the context in an attempt to blunt my argument.

33+ channels is more than 10% of what you get, so that easily qualifies as "far from all" even without all of the other channels that you've arbitrarily chosen to remove from consideration.

The question was what the TS might miss, not some narrow subset that you've chosen to argue over.How nice of you to change the context in an attempt to blunt my argument.

You are wrong. The question is, and you posed it, is whether or not 101 provides much but not far from all of Directv's national sd programming. That's why the lil on 119 don't matter, nor does the hd programming on 119. Like I said, the only thing on 119 that matters for your argument is some PI channels and the Sonic Tap channels. If you want to use those to qualify your "far from all" claim, go ahead. You can be the only one in that room.

Given that the TS is planning to travel several of the listed areas, it is up to the them to declare what is on or off the table. Given the wider coverage of the SD spot beams, LIL may be of interest.

It is also up to the TS if the CONUS channels that are part of the programming package at 119W are of interest. As I pointed out, they represent perhaps more than 10% of the channel count.

Given that the TS is planning to travel several of the listed areas, it is up to the them to declare what is on or off the table. Given the wider coverage of the SD spot beams, LIL may be of interest.

It is also up to the TS if the CONUS channels that are part of the programming package at 119W are of interest. As I pointed out, they represent perhaps more than 10% of the channel count.

And which CONUS channels are there on 119? Virtually all are music channels, not sd channels as you first described them. Like I said, go play in the room by yourself with all of the other people who care about those "sd channels".

People who care about SD channels like those wanting to know what they can do with the round dish that is mounted atop their RV?

You can't change the parameters to match your argument.

Do you remember saying this? It's what I have been referring to. You don't seem to get that.

If you're going to move around a lot, a ground-based dish might make more sense as going up and down the Cascade Range will involve lots of tweaking of the dish elevation. As an example, a Phoenix dish points 14.7 degrees higher in the sky than does a Eugene dish and a Eugene multi-slot dish must be tilted about 10 degrees more than the same dish in Phoenix.

A single LNB dish such as the one you have will give you access to programming on 101W and that represents much (but far from all) of DIRECTV's national SD programming. Because the guide data resides at 101W, you may or may not be able to re-aim to 119W and have it work.

You are quite obtuse. All I said was that your assertion of the percentage of national sd content on 101 is wrong. That's all I ever said in this thread. You are the one changing that parameter. If you wish to respond, go ahead. I will then close this thread since it's way off track. If the TS wants it reopened, please pm me and I will do so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Channel Guide And Freezing Problem

New software

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)