Long HDMI run

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You think those are good for 4k/60hz over the whole length or just 4k/24hz?

Ive been talking with Mike G over at AVS Sales about an RS 400 and my HDMI run would be about 65 feet. His recommendation was the fiber optic instead of the HDBaseT, but I was unaware of this brand of cable. I posted a message to them to see if they hold up the entire run because I have found some shady spec listings when it comes to long runs. And if it can't do 4k/60 at full length, I need to avoid it. Once I run it I dont want to mess with it again. It is interesting they are rated at 18gbps, many of the long runs are rated at 10.2.

You get full UHD specs with 18gbps.
10.2 will only get you 4K/30 Max which is not good enough.

All of these companies are claiming 4K 18gbps. None of them tested by DLP labs has passed any where near those numbers. The only long distance HDMI cable I have seen that will truly pass the numbers you are talking about is Tributaries. And they just came out with them. They are a fiber optic cable with copper combination, and they are not cheap.

But if you want a cable that will truly pass 4K content when it becomes a reality, those are the ones you want to get.

Fiber could probably go miles without degration. Thats probably the future of wiring runs if they can get the price down on the electronics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)