looking for Larry Stotler

astrogirl

Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Does anyone know where I can find Larry? The last phone number I have for him is no good. His PM box is full, and he hasn't posted here since June. I was hoping someone might have kept up with him.

He did a complicated DirecTV install for me, and now I need something simpler. :)

TIA

Hi guys!

I've been both busy and laid up (broken wrist, and now a messed up foot). It slows me down, so less time to hit the forums. I can't even tag Dishretailer daily.

I miss diving in around here, and really appreciate your thoughts on my postings! It's nice to know!

One thing, if you tag me with a PM, I can probably dive in. It's just that there's so much here, once I start browsing, it's like 4 hours before I come up for air. :D

EDIT: Hmm. Gotta edit my sig. The 501 is gone, the dead 921 will sell once it's replaced, and I now have TWO 622s! :)

I'm still alive

Hey guys, I am still alive and kicking. However, I've kinda gotten away from this stuff due to the inconsistancy of the work. Really tired of Feast or Famine as well as tired or working for retailers that could care less about a job done properly and more about the $$.

I also got in a pissing match with Dish because I was late paying my bill and they harrassed me once a day with a message saying that I needed to pay my bill. Needless to say, when I activated my system, I left STRICT instructions that I was NOT to be contacted by phone EVER. After a pointless exchange with some nitwit at Dish who didn't care about my account and my referral of customers and installations, I let it stay shut off and still need to pay them $48 for my late bill. Maybe I will one of these days so I can sell my receivers.

I've been both busy and laid up (broken wrist, and now a messed up foot). It slows me down, so less time to hit the forums. I can't even tag Dishretailer daily.

Sorry to hear about your medical problems. Were they work related?

I miss diving in around here, and really appreciate your thoughts on my postings! It's nice to know!

As do I. I also miss some of the debates(and arguements) that used to ensue. It was fun.

One thing, if you tag me with a PM, I can probably dive in. It's just that there's so much here, once I start browsing, it's like 4 hours before I come up for air. :D

That's also my main problem. I devoted a lot of my personal time to here and DBSTalk.com to help others and encourage the do it yourselfers. However, that eventually took away from what I really needed to do. Add to it that I'm not actively installing right now, and it gets harder to keep up with everything. My work and my son has to take priority(he turned 10 today....I'm feeling OLD!)

I've been doing some writing for a Mac Web site(although I have been behind on that as well. Last article was September, but I have some in the works and should be back in the swing soon.....) called lowendmac.com. As most of you know, I'm a big Linux fan, and I've been encouraging people to run Linux on their older Macs.

Ok, enough shameless plugging. I'll try to check in every now and again. Later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)