Loop through what config?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have a Mercury II and I just bought another receiver with PVR. I want to run it off the loop through on the back of the Merc II. Should the Mercury II simply be switched off from the front? Or the back? Or neither?

When the Merc II is on and functioning, you can only tune the polarity selected by the Merc.
When the Merc II is in standby mode (powered off at the remote) you should be able to control the lnbf with your other Receiver/pvr ( to include driving the motor ) .
When the Merc II is powered off at the back switch, you won't be able to get anything from the lnbf on your other receiver/pvr.

Hope this helps.
:)

turn it off on the front...if you shut it off on the back that cuts everything off to the 2nd box

edit: what brent said ;)

Thanks guys. I'm trying to set up a Viewsat Pro with pvr. I got it to scan G10r and it picked everything up. Now I'm working on the PVR part. Frustration though. It doesn't seem to recognize the external USB HDD.

Tim
turn off the receiver
input the USB port
power back oin and it should recognize

sometimes you may have to turn the box off and on with the switch on the back and keep the USB plugged in for it to connect

per my review back when

Now that I have channels logged in and USALS set up, now lets try out the PVR. It does not come with one but takes any Flash Drive or external hard drive as long as it has USB 2.0. The unit will accept a hard drive up to 500GB. This is nice compared to other boxes that have a PVR built in. Those you’re limited to a specific drive size or in some cases it will only accept a specific drive. This will work with ANY 2.0 compatible drive so you can go to your local computer shop/big box retailer and get the hard drive you want.
I didn’t have either handy so I went and purchased a 2GB flash drive that was on sale. I figured why spend the money on a hard drive if it didn’t work? (I’ve been burned before) so I’ll try a 2GB flash drive first. Here is where the fun began. Plugged in drive and it wouldn’t accept it. So I powered unit off, plugged in the drive and powered back on...nothing. By the way to see if it works its an option in the menu to format it. Since it was greyed out it wouldn’t give me that option. So after a few different tried I finally figured out how to make it work.
1. Turn the unit on
2. Shut off with the switch
3. Insert drive
4. Turn back on with switch
This was the way I got it to work.

I don't do loop-through, but if I wanted to, I'd consult the Mercury Review thread.
May I suggest transferring a copy of just Tim's question and Brent's comprehensive answer to that thread for future reference?

thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)