Loss of certain FSN Networks on Comcast??

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Had pretty much decided to switch back to Comcast Xfinity. My 2 X1's will arrive Tuesday. When I checked the Xfinity Stream Portal to stream live tv, of course all my channels have populated. I subscribed to Digital Preferred Double Play. I noticed that FSN, (as it was labeled in the guide, is missing.) I watched that channel for the Reds baseball games. I live in North Georgia. Upon calling Comcast, I was told they are in a contract dispute with Fox. Weird thing is I still get Fox SportsSouth, and all other Fox owned stations. I asked if the rep was sure about this, and he said yes, notices had gone out awhile back. Couldn't find a thread on this. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks, Andy

The support people are not well informed on carriage contract issues. The availability of the other Fox properties is pretty damning evidence.

Comcast came to an agreement with Fox at the end of last year.

Reactions: andy_horton
Whatever happened, FSN was back as of today on my lineup
I'm not sure who these people think they are supporting, but it seems like customers aren't the target audience. My local Comcast has the distinction of being the only outfit in town outside of DMV that requires that customers take a number to be served. It took me an hour to return a leased modem on my last visit.

If you think something is wrong, don't take their word for it.

Reactions: andy_horton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)