Lost all channels on Anik F1after FW upgrade.

Steve Barton

Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
I have Shaw Direct DSR600 receiver that was working fine with all subscribed channels coming off both F1 and F2 until Tuesday. I verified with another user in Canada that they were receiving the channels (I.E. 417, 299) just to make sure the satellite was somewhat sane. The only thing I can find that changed is a firmware update on Tuesday night. I can't say for sure when I lost F1 signal but the timing is suspicious. Everything off of F2 (I.E. 350, 700) is solid with a 97 signal. I just went to double check alignment but there was no adjustments I could do that would bring in F1.

I am located in the Dallas area and had an older SD receiver for years that worked great and recently upgraded to the the 600 and a newer triple LNB after the old receiver failed. The dish is a 75e channel master. Everything worked great for about 4 days before the FW upgrade.

Any suggestions on what I could try before calling Shaw?

Is there a way to back down to the previous FW version?

Last edited:
Hi Steve:

couple questions for you. on your system status, what is your map status (line F) and Current Firmware Version (line H)

I've never heard of any way to revert to a previous FW version.

Hi Frenchophile, the Map status shows Exists, 568-4320 on all stations. The current firmware shows as 50.25. Appreciate any guidance you can provide. Merci.

Steve, I've been out of shaw direct about a year, but this is your problem.

The 4320 v-code is for the older dual quad lnb. The newer xku triple lnb you have requires a different v-code, The only way to change the code permanently is to call Shaw. If you have the older lnb, you could put that on and it will work. The third satellite is not receivable from Dallas anyway.

Catamount

Steve, I've been out of shaw direct about a year, but this is your problem.

The 4320 v-code is for the older dual quad lnb. The newer xku triple lnb you have requires a different v-code, The only way to change the code permanently is to call Shaw. If you have the older lnb, you could put that on and it will work. The third satellite is not receivable from Dallas anyway.

Catamount

Thank you Catamount. Called Shaw and they have reset the Map so am now receiving all subscribed channels. Appreciate your help. Is there a specification sheet available that identifies what each of the codes mean for this receiver for future considerations? The folks at Shaw indicated this is going to happen again on the next FW update. I presume the LNB at the main house must be the older dual LND. They have adjusted this one for the triple but am guessing that when the FW is pushed out it will reset it thinking every receiver is off of the same dish. This is the one which is used at the winter home in Dallas area so has it's own dish and LNB.

Again, thank you for the advice as it saved me considerable trial and error. Cheers.

Reactions: catamount
No spec sheet available that I know of. Each v-code is dependent upon lnb type, classic or advanced channel lineup and east or west region. There is a sticky at digital home forums that lists some of them, but not up to date. If you've only got the one account, a firmware update shouldn't affect the v-code. It never did on any of my receivers over a ten year period. Your home receivers probably have the new code and will not work properly at the moment.

Catamount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)