jxg0754

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
ohio
Last edited:
Henry Luken, King of Mismanagement.
This, will not end well.
And after they bagged that deal to air the classic Doctor Who shows.. The Beeb will not be happy..

I guess I can just expect for things getting worse for Luken communications.
Thanks for Mr Luken´s mismanagement of RTV, and the letdown in its programming I almost gave up watching RTV since 2011, then it just got worse. Then RTV was pulled out from Ku, so I really don´t watch it anymore.
Hopefully someone could buy it and make things better.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I was really excited to see that they are SUPPOSED TO bring the Classic Doctor Who episodes to air. But I’m not holding my breath.
I think that was just a ploy to give the network more value, ON PAPER. If they ever actually air any I will be shocked.

RTV used to be the number one AWESOME channel for classic TV shows.
Not so much anymore... :(

Well Luken and Preston have already agreed to put up a $2 million bid, so if it is auctioned it will sell for at least that amount.:biggrin

I agree RTV was the best in classic TV.
I´d say that was true until some point in 2011, when they let go most of the good classic shows they had until then, when we saw the last of their airing Kojak, Rockford Files, Adam 12, Dragnet, Emergency, Marcus Welby, etc.

I still have some schedules from those days, just for the memories.
Here´s the schedule from late 2010

Attachments

• RTV-National 2Q 2010.pdf
    48 KB · Views: 192
I used to really like when they were airing Kraft Suspense Theater.. That was some GOOD stuff.
vlcsnap-2014-06-12-00h33m33s197.png

vlcsnap-2014-06-12-00h34m02s235.png And Clint Walker.. :D

The sad thing however was that they only ran about 8 different episodes in an endless repeat loop. Same shows, over and over and over.

That was also about the time they butchered the resolution from DVD resolution down to VHS resolution, and it really began to look like poo.
I made a bunch of people really mad when I complained about what they did. I won’t do that again. :hiding

After they butchered the resolution they began to let the good shows go to other networks. MeTV began to pick up a lot of the stuff RTV let go of.
Now Antenna and ThisTV have a lot of them as well.

Now they’ve killed the KU feed and made it soooo much harder for people to access. And I imagine lots of small town low power stations have lost it too.
I know several Facebook friends that told me they recently lost RTV/Retro from their local LP OTA networks and they are not happy about it.

It’s like Retro is standing on a three legged chair with a rope around their neck as they slowly cut their own throat with a rusty butter knife, in slow motion.
It’s a slow and painful death and it’s sad to sit by and watch it happen. Just like so many other FTA channels. I saw this exact same thing play out with White Springs (I still miss that channel)..

I sure do miss the days when Equity was rockin-n-rollin on 123... :rip

Reactions: DJdish
Kraft Suspense Theater, great show I agree.
BTW, I was able to find almost (I really mean almost) all of KST episodes on YT. as I see someone recorded most of them from the old SciFi channel and just one or two from RTV.

It takes a thief, another good show, that I remember they also had back then.

I know what you mean, about RTV airing the same few episodes over and over again. I´ve mentioned before that one of the shows that I loved on RTV, before they pulled out of Ku was Lassie, but same thing was happening, apparently they only had 20 episodes (when there are episodes aired during 20 years).

I remember in 2011, when they lost most of their good classic shows, and they kept airing Daniel Boone, I Spy, and other not so good shows IMO like crazy, trying to compensate for the good shows they let go.

I think Lassie is on COZI now at 6pm to 7pm.
Now I still don’t have a dish to hit the Luken stuff on SES-2 but according to Titan, Lassie comes on both PBJ and RTV. But bet me they aren’t running a bakers dozen in an endless loop.

Titan shows It Takes a Thief on Antenna TV.
I really hate that they scramble and that they aren’t carried OTA here. :crying

I think Lassie is on COZI now at 6pm to 7pm.
Now I still don’t have a dish to hit the Luken stuff on SES-2 but according to Titan, Lassie comes on both PBJ and RTV. But bet me they aren’t running a bakers dozen in an endless loop.

Titan shows It Takes a Thief on Antenna TV.
I really hate that they scramble and that they aren’t carried OTA here. :crying

Nope! Cozi has about 100 episodes of Lassie. Still nowhere near the amount of total episodes there were originally. The Jeff and the Timmy episodes are ok, but the Ranger years, the year Lassie wandered alone, and the final year at the "kids group home" aren't shown very often anywhere. FETV was showing those episodes, but now that they switched to Cozi, I'm not sure if they still are.

I need to check how many episodes there are, in the 20 years of Lassie.
I liked the Jeff and Timmy years. I guess more the Timmy era than Jeff´s.
I remember that Timmy episode with the elephant that was donated to his school. Pretty funny stuff, going on at the house, and Ruth having to live with the elephant at home :D

I guess it don't pay to get a C band dish then, I will sell my meter, my ku dish and fta box since it aint worth the trouble no more.

Depending on what you like, you may find some other stuff on Ku, I like the programming on Ebru and KTV2 both on 97w.

I only have a SD receiver, and liked the tuff tv and pbj tv channels when they were on 83w I don't really have a place to put the dish for 97w

There is good stuff on both C-band and KU. Not nearly as much as there was 5 years ago but still more than enough for me to keep banging my head into brick walls to keep my dishes up and running.

I need to check how many episodes there are, in the 20 years of Lassie.
I liked the Jeff and Timmy years. I guess more the Timmy era than Jeff´s.
I remember that Timmy episode with the elephant that was donated to his school. Pretty funny stuff, going on at the house, and Ruth having to live with the elephant at home :D

591 episodes over 20 years. Lassie is my obsession.

The real shame is that you can NOT buy the entire series on a commercial dvd set. Somebody sure dropped the ball there.

Reactions: DJdish and Dee_Ann
591 episodes over 20 years. Lassie is my obsession.

The real shame is that you can NOT buy the entire series on a commercial dvd set. Somebody sure dropped the ball there.

Yes I know. Sometime ago, I was looking for Lassie DVD´s, and sadly I just found some sets with a very few random episodes. And I have the hunch such a set will never be released.

I agree RTV was the best in classic TV.
I´d say that was true until some point in 2011, when they let go most of the good classic shows they had until then, when we saw the last of their airing Kojak, Rockford Files, Adam 12, Dragnet, Emergency, Marcus Welby, etc.

Most of those are on METV nowadays.:oldsmile2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts