Main Titanfall Thread

Signed up for gamefly this morning and just got an email stating that Titanfall has shipped. Should be interesting trying out the rental model. If it goes well, I'll cancel my infamous pre-order at amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Signed up for gamefly this morning and just got an email stating that Titanfall has shipped. Should be interesting trying out the rental model. If it goes well, I'll cancel my infamous pre-order at amazon.

Wow... you signed up this morning and they shipped today? That's more impressive than when I got Mass Effect 2 shipped after adding it to my queue that day.

Wow... you signed up this morning and they shipped today? That's more impressive than when I got Mass Effect 2 shipped after adding it to my queue that day.

I figure they want to make a good first impression and keep me as a paying customer. :)

Damn.. can anyone attest to this being a 50GB game for PC? That's 1/5th of my SSD! I can't imagine how many DVDs this comes on for the 360..

I'll probably be downloading the Xbox One version tomorrow. We should schedule some Sat Guys play sessions if a lot of us pick this up.

I'll probably be downloading the Xbox One version tomorrow. We should schedule some Sat Guys play sessions if a lot of us pick this up.
Only if everyone is willing to excuse how bad I am at FPS style games :)

Only if everyone is willing to excuse how bad I am at FPS style games :)

I'm not great myself. One of the reasons I'm getting it for Xbox One even though my PC could probably run it better is because I'm a controller guy. I'm bad enough when everyone else is using a controller too. Though in some guys who have precision keyboard and mouse controls and I have no chance.

Mine will be delivered some time today. It will take forever to download and then might play the next day.

I bought it digitally and started the download this morning so I wouldn't have to wait for it when I got home. The download was about 18GB. Apparently the PC download is about 50GB because it includes uncompressed audio for a ton of different languages. The American Xbox download doesn't include all the language packs. I'm not sure about the retail version since those disks do have about 50GB of space to work with.

Xbox One here. Wish I had waited for the TitanFall version now.

Ditto. I bought Dead Rising 3 with my system but haven't played more than an hour of it yet. I like it and will finish it eventually but other games have taken my attention away from it. The only game I have played through on my Xbox One so far was my Ryse rental from gamefly and that could have waited a few months. My PS3, PS4, and PC have been taking up all my gaming time so far but I knew the Xbox One would mostly be used for exclusives when I bought it.

Now people that waited for the Titanfall bundle can not only get it for $25 less than I did, they also get the same $60 game I was waiting for packed in free. That's the price of being an early adopter.

Here is a tip for anyone who might be thinking about picking up an Xbox One to play Titanfall. Text MSHS to 29502 for a coupon code to use on the Microsoft online store. This gives you 5% off the Xbox One Titanfall bundle bringing the total down to $474.99. The coupon isn't advertised on Microsoft's site but IGN is promoting it.

http://xbox.microsoftstore.com/stor...&ClickID=clxzakwk777wa4ilqxiawflwaiwkxxelszzk

Looks like I'll be the only one here playing this on my 360.. ;p

I assume you are renting from Gamefly? To each his own but for games like this that I will want to jump online whenever the mood strikes I like to buy it. If I didn't have an Xbox One I would probably wait for a price drop on PC and buy it. The price of Battlefield 4 for PC dropped pretty quickly on retailers like Amazon. I think this will do the same. I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the month to see what the 360 reviews say but I would have a hard time playing that version if I had a decent PC sitting around like you do.

I assume you are renting from Gamefly? To each his own but for games like this that I will want to jump online whenever the mood strikes I like to buy it. If I didn't have an Xbox One I would probably wait for a price drop on PC and buy it. The price of Battlefield 4 for PC dropped pretty quickly on retailers like Amazon. I think this will do the same. I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the month to see what the 360 reviews say but I would have a hard time playing that version if I had a decent PC sitting around like you do.
Well the other issue too is that the beta didn't exactly "sell me" on the game. I mean it seemed fun, but beta != actual game. I didn't feel compelled to dish out $60 for it based on the limited experience I had with it, and there's really no other way for me to try it at the moment. If I really like it then odds are I'll get it for PC, but since a game like this is basically impossible to pirate this is the way for me.

According to twitter it sounds like Titanfall has broken Xbox Live. This doesn't make a ton of sense to me because the Xbox One's install base of 3 million consoles or so means the amount of players jumping on Live to play is nothing compared to a Call of Duty launch.

Apparently Xbox One users aren't able to sign into Live right now though. If you are already signed into live you can plan like normal so don't sign out if you plan on playing tonight. Even if you just wanted to play some Battlefield 4 (or any other game) online the Titanfall launch is causing problems. Xbox Support and Major Nelson are saying a fix is coming soon. Hopefully it's back up before I get home from work in an hour or so because I wanted to play a little bit tonight.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/443498090561933312

Last edited:
According to twitter it sounds like Titanfall has broken Xbox Live. This doesn't make a ton of sense to me because the Xbox One's install base of 3 million consoles or so means the amount of players jumping on Live to play is nothing compared to a Call of Duty launch.

Apparently Xbox One users aren't able to sign into Live right now though. If you are already signed into live you can plan like normal so don't sign out if you plan on playing tonight. Even if you just wanted to play some Battlefield 4 (or any other game) online the Titanfall launch is causing problems. Xbox Support and Major Nelson are saying a fix is coming soon. Hopefully it's back up before I get home from work in an hour or so because I wanted to play a little bit tonight.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/443498090561933312
Yes but they are using a completely different technology this time around (Azure Cloud) and maybe that's causing the issue. I know that when Black Ops came out, there were 2 million+ concurrent users online, and that wasn't counting the non-COD users. How ironic that everyone was saying "Well, it's not EA handling the workload so everything will be fine!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)