Making it simple

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tkenny53

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
socal
Okay, I have a HD DVR, I have one TV, I got the latest dish and a single cable from the dish, to the power pack then a cable to the DVR. simple, Now I just got the Genie and the Mini. for the time being I would like the old DVR to be recording my channels while I am creating the new recoding list in the Genie. I know I can split the cable going to the old DVR to both recorders, what 2 way splitter do I need. I also heard that somehow the Mini can 'talk' to my old DVR and play the old recorded stuff?????
I am not too keen on this Genie and Mini and how it all works or wires together, even though I have had DTV since the beginning.
TIA

The splitter needs to be a Directv approved one, and if the power inserter is after the splitter, it must be on the power passing port. Where did you get the Genie and mini from? Directv would have installed it all for you.

It was shipped to me by DTV. My current DVR will go to my other location out of town where I have the basic rec. DTV thinks they are in the same house. The genie will go where the DVR is now.
I record a lot of soccer so I just wanted to keep it recording till I switch over. I will have to do the programming when nothing is set to record. Not like a DTV splitter is quickly available around the corner

Can we assume that you won't be using both setups at the same time?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts