Manhattan on WGN America

Reminder for tomorrow´s Premiere of Manhattan. July 27, 2014

SERIES PREMIERE: Sunday night, the drama “Manhattan” (WGN America at 9 p.m.) centers on the secret program to develop a nuclear bomb in the 1940s, and Post TV critic Hank Stuever notes that “the first episode could not be more crammed with self-seriousness if it tried. .?.?. There can be no mistaking that this is a serious show about serious men and the women who are fated to wonder what their super-smart husbands are so desperately doing.” The series stars “The Good Wife’s” John Benjamin Hickey and Rachel Brosnahan of “House of Cards.”

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/25/5937725/manhattan-review

From what I've seen so far, I'm sort of lukewarm. The premier was okay, but since I have studied this subject pretty well over the last 40 years, I am too close to the subject for this history based fictional drama. I will try to allow the same leeway for real historical facts that I do for other series of their type like "Boardwalk Empire".

Well I caught up watching, I think it gets more into the personal lives of the characters than with true facts. I liked the ending of the second episode.

Next Episode Season 1 Episode 3
The Hive
August 10 2014

The loss of one of their own leaves the community reeling; and new security measures interfere with the work being performed by the scientists

Just finished watching last Sunday´s episode, another good one.
I just love this Oppenheimer.
Niels Bohr telling him: Sure Bobby

Next Episode Season 1 Episode 5
August 24
A New Approach to Nuclear Cosmology

Tensions between Charlie and Frank escalate after Charlie takes a public jab at Babbit’s past, raising red flags and drawing the attention of Occam — leading Frank to find creative ways to protect his mentor. Meanwhile, Liza suffers several blows of her own — and points the finger at the army.
Olivia-Williams-as-Liza-Winter11-660x330.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts