Media Server Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
I am just starting to research various media players as I recently installed a Synology NAS. I currently am using a PS3 for viewing the media off of the NAS but would like to step up to a media player such as the Dune BD Prime 3.0.

I started reading about XStreamHD and have questions about its media player capabilities. Will the XStreamHD system be able to access content from a NAS? If so, are there any videos/pictures of what the user interface will look like? The WAF will be a major factor in my decision. I know the hardware hasn't been tested yet, but any guesses how its performance and compatibility will be with playing various media formats compared to a Dune media player?

If the media player functionality is there, then I think this could end up being a great deal. I have little interest in PPV but I would use the OTA recording functionality extensively and might even consider dropping Dish since 80% of what we watch is OTA anyways now.

This is the exaxt thing I was thinking about too. Droping Dish and using the homenetwork to share my recording in all of my rooms.

Right now there are two problems:
1) hight initial investment
2) can't run but three tv's off of it.

They say it can do what your asking, but I haven't seen any demos of it myself.

I have one on order and look forward to it arriving next month and seeing what it can do. :)

They say it can do what your asking, but I haven't seen any demos of it myself.

I have one on order and look forward to it arriving next month and seeing what it can do. :)

Thanks for your reply Scott, I was hoping that you would reply:) Would it be possible to pass these questions along to the CEO? If XStreamHD does all of this well, I will be placing my order ASAP.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)