Michael Bay's The Last Ship on TNT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm lukewarmly interested after 2 episodes and will probably keep watching to pick nits if for nothing else. In last night's episode they got fueled to 96% before losing suction from the pier. In the old Navy it would have been stopped a little before that to avoid a possibly embarrassing fuel spill but since there were no tree huggers around to report them I guess it was okay.
Same here I am in middle for this but will give it a few more episodes!! :)

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 03

Sunday, July 6, 2014

"Dead Reckoning": An enemy demands that Chandler hand over Rachel and her research; Chandler engages in a series of risky strategic moves.

S~

Yeah, I enjoyed it too, but was left with two questions:

Why didn't they pack more explosives onto the boat they plowed into the Russian ship (in other words, why not do as much damage to a deadly enemy as you can rather than just irritate them)? Ok, ok, I get it, they're the bad guys in this series, but still...in a situation like that, all they managed to do was set him up to be nastier the next time they meet up...

Who's the guy in the plastic room/lab aboard the Russian ship? Was that a new character, or did I miss something in the pilot or this latest episode?

Yeah, I enjoyed it too, but was left with two questions:

Why didn't they pack more explosives onto the boat they plowed into the Russian ship (in other words, why not do as much damage to a deadly enemy as you can rather than just irritate them)? Ok, ok, I get it, they're the bad guys in this series, but still...in a situation like that, all they managed to do was set him up to be nastier the next time they meet up...

Who's the guy in the plastic room/lab aboard the Russian ship? Was that a new character, or did I miss something in the pilot or this latest episode?

That was his first time in the show and it seemed to be their Dr. working on their own cure.

Once again it was an episode that had plenty of holes yet was still entertaining. It's not the greatest written show I've ever seen but it has enough entertainment value being it involves the US Navy that I still enjoyed it. The patriotic nature of it has to help please viewers.

I like it so far, but I see a problem with it going on for more than a season. Look at last year's "The Last Resort" that ran on ABC. It had a good premise and good actors and yet it couldn't make it more than a few episodes. Luckily ABC wrapped up the entire plot line in the ending episode. So if you watched it all the way through you got closure.

They really have improved ballistics in the past few years. They were able to hit a few feet short of the Rusky fast boat with their 5". When I had access to range tables there was a 100ft or so dispersion error due to temperature and powder differences at those ranges. Also they said that they were going to dead reckon their way thru the channel even though there plenty of land marks and navigational aids to enable them to visually pilot their way out, which was the common way of navigating in restricted waters and is probably still done even with satellite and inertial nav systems available.

Still picking nits but the show is OK yet. Contrast this to Halt And Catch Fire which has turned into some kind of morality play that is getting way beyond my comprehension.

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 04

Sunday, July 13, 2014

"We'll Get There": The ship's propulsion system suffers a catastrophic event; Chandler's leadership and ingenuity are put to the test.

S~

Next Episode: Season 01, Episode 04

Sunday, July 13, 2014

"We'll Get There": The ship's propulsion system suffers a catastrophic event; Chandler's leadership and ingenuity are put to the test.

S~

To me it was more of the same. It had enough to keep me interested though.

Meh! It was just okay. I zipped through the episode. All these minor "conflicts" are tiresome. The whole idiocy with the samples and power and heat and whatever did nothing for me this week. And in the end you knew everything would be fine while the whole net effect of the entire episode meant zero on the story arc we really care about. It was a throw-away episode.

I'm still enjoying it for the most part but keep thinking to myself how they can keep coming up with new ideas for this series to make it past one season.

Not a grrrrrrreat show, but as said before, consistently entertaining. Much better than most current Sunday night fare (ie Falling Skies)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts