Microsoft's next OS is Windows 10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got to admit I am interested. What they are trying to do is what Apple has been trying to do, but it look like Microsoft might beat them in the single platform game.

Windows 8.1 is no where near a major version change. 7 was more of a major change from Vista.

A supposedly inside rumor has it that there is a potentially enormous compatibility issue with ancient software, which might check for Windows versions starting with a "9" and decide it was running on Windows95 or 98 and halt. Seems implausible to me, but maybe.

Anyhow, I'm downloading the preview right now, but I haven't identified a guinea pig as yet.

I've got it running on my SurfacePro (1st gen). Seems to run faster than 8.1 and so far no real glitches.

The SP isn't the best box for the current level of this preview as most of the things that are supposed to make it the OS for all are missing.

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)