Missing first anniversary gift

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulr

Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Today I got a flyer/postcard from D* asking me to celebrate our first year together (I'm just hitting my 1-year anniversary as a D* sub) with "a gift of paper". Inside, there's a sticky spot where something was obviously glue, but it's gone now. Any idea what it was? Is it going to be worth my time to brave the D* customer service labyrinth to get a replacement?

My guess is it is a free pay-per-view movie coupon. They send those every once in a while. Chances are it has a dollar limit and maybe an expiration date, but if you want to watch a PPV, give them a call.

I had a free showtime for 3 months when it happened - check your D* online account.

A lot of customers are getting Showtime for 3 free months. However, a lot of customers are also getting notified a month into it. *confused* ... just call and ask ... if it's showtime, what we can do is cancel the three-free-months at the time of your call then start it back up again ... so you get 3 free months that you can actually watch. ;)

--Elf

How do you quallify for the free Showtime 3 month deal ? I've been with D* since Oct. 2001 and have all the movie channels except Showtime, and I've never got this deal.

D* is pushing Showtime so hard. The programming is so bad that they offered it to me for 6 months for free and I told them to forget it. The movies and shows are unwatchable.

Crazy 1 said:
How do you quallify for the free Showtime 3 month deal ? I've been with D* since Oct. 2001 and have all the movie channels except Showtime, and I've never got this deal.

The slip of paper in the one I got said it was for my one year anniversary of having directv. I would also like to second the statement about showtime mostly sucking, though I did finally see "The Core" today, and the repeated showings of "Busty Cops" lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts