AMIKO Missing satellite list.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I did the auto update on my amiko nano hd and ended up erasing all satellites in the list and ended up with a list from overseas. How can I get the American satellite list back?

Did you happen to make a back-up to a Flash Drive before you did this?

I did the auto update on my amiko nano hd and ended up erasing all satellites in the list and ended up with a list from overseas. How can I get the American satellite list back?
I am new to the Amiko, just got mine last week. It came with a notice to back up the firmware immediately. While that is a good idea, I don't know why Amiko doesn't have a backup file for download on their website for situations like yours. If Amiko, your seller or KE4EST can't send you a backup file, I could email you a copy of mine. That would be an unmodified list found on a new receiver. Any changes that you had made to the list wouldn't be included. You would do a software upgrade by USB with the upgrade mode set to Channel List.

Let me know if you want a copy of my list.

You can update on-line or download the file from the Amiko site. I bet he didn't set to Software Only(No Satellite List) when he did the upgrade.
Anyway I sent StarScan a PM but he has not been on since early this morning....probably can use inet at work.

I am new to the Amiko, just got mine last week. It came with a notice to back up the firmware immediately. While that is a good idea, I don't know why Amiko doesn't have a backup file for download on their website for situations like yours. If Amiko, your seller or KE4EST can't send you a backup file, I could email you a copy of mine. That would be an unmodified list found on a new receiver. Any changes that you had made to the list wouldn't be included. You would do a software upgrade by USB with the upgrade mode set to Channel List.

Let me know if you want a copy of my list.
That would be great!! My email is k**********@***.net

Last edited by a moderator:
You can update on-line or download the file from the Amiko site. I bet he didn't set to Software Only(No Satellite List) when he did the upgrade.
Anyway I sent StarScan a PM but he has not been on since early this morning....probably can use inet at work.
I don't see where the satellite list is on the Amiko site. For future reference, can you give a link or instructions? Thanks.

Does one not come with the firmware?? Been a long time since I upgraded my Nano.
http://www.amikoalienusa.com/nano/
Download and do a upgrade with list only.
Back-up first though just in case, maybe I will try here in a bit if I get time.

Edit: Never mind no channel list.

Ok just tested you are correct no Channel List. Don't do what I posted above it will leave you with no channels.
I have been in touch with the OP via email, so I got him taken care of.
royrose who did you buy your nano from?

Ok just tested you are correct no Channel List. Don't do what I posted above it will leave you with no channels.
I have been in touch with the OP via email, so I got him taken care of.
royrose who did you buy your nano from?
As a newbie, I didn't understand that the Nano was different from the Mini HD SE. I have a Mini, not a nano. Would my backup satellite list therefore not work for his nano?

I got my Mini HD SE from GOTCBAND.

No the Mini is different than the nano and 8240.
It's OK I have him straightened out. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts