Mitsubishi HD1000U / HC1500, you gotta see one!

Bestbuy has the HC1500 on clearance for $599 for the last two weeks. I grabbed an HC
1500 new in box for $599 +tax last week! Killer deal!

I now see that they have the 1600 out and I do not see the 1500 on projectorpeople website. I still have not bought a projector after all this time but waiting to get my place done before I buy one. I have been holding out for the LED light engine in these projectors and heard that they are going to be release at the end of the year. I hear they will be around $10K though.

From what I've heard the 1600 only has a 2x color wheel. I'll get it straight from their mouth next month at CEDIA.

A projector in the bedroom? I don't know if that's weird or just extravegant.

I have one in the bedroom & kids game room/playroom as well. More portable, expandable and a better value that like size & featured "flat panels". I don't see them as extravagant at all; simply the smarter purchase.

charper1, I know a projector is a better value than a TV. I just never understood having a TV/projector in the bedroom.

Sometimes when I am sick or just want to lay in bed and watch a show. Sometimes the wife and I just want to be private and watch TV behind a locked door. I was unaware that a TV in the bedroom was so odd. I figured it was the norm; so why not have the best TV in that room like my den? I thought I was simply using common sense.