MLB 2012-13 off-season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's going to be very interesting here in SoCal next season. The Giants have made a big statement winning the Worl Series again within just a few years. Dodgers have to really step it up and make their own statement with the new owners and mega-deals. I'm sure they will and the NL West will be quite a race.

He owned half of south Florida. He also owned AutoNation and Blockbuster Video, if I am not mistaken.

You are correct sir. He owns a school right now but the name escapes me.Has to do with business management or something in that area.

The Red Sox have only five players under contract: Lester, Buccholz, Lackey, Pedroia and Iglesias, for about $46 million. They will do some serious spending. They will sign Cody Ross, but might trade Ellsbury, who has one arbitration year left that will probably earn him $10 to $11 million, for some other player who has one year left on his contract, but whose team also feels they will not be able to resign. Like Tim Lincecum. They'll use arbitration to retain several players including closer Bailey, but still will buy a first baseman, a corner outfielder and even a centerfielder if they shed Ellsbury, and have to sign at least one middle-of-the-rotation line starter or even two if a back-of-the-rotation starter can be had at a reasonable price. They will still have one of the five highest payrolls on opening day, along with Philadelphia, the Yankees, the Dodgers and the Angels.

Ortiz is younger than half the available DHs, and may weigh less, too. I suspect that the Red Sox will not resign Ortiz even if he is the most attractive option available because they want to get the Ortiz era behind them.

Last edited:
ADAM JONES GETS A GOLD GLOVE OVER MIKE TROUT??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I can't believe Brandon Phillips didn't get the gold glove. Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCAA Tournament "First Round"

Baseball Project Montreal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)