Mobile Gaming News/Discussion

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth got rejected from the iOS store.

http://kotaku.com/the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth-rejected-by-apple-due-to-1757647059

I'd LOVE to see this come out on Android, but I'm not holding my breath.

I beat mom on PC for the first time with the Afterbirth expansion this weekend. I had done it a couple times on PS4 in the base game. I really love the game but I wouldn't have bought it for my iPad even if Apple had allowed it. It is a very difficult game and I can't imagine trying to play it with touch controls.

Final Fantasy IX has been released for Android and iOS, with a 20% discount for early purchasers.

FYI, you need 8 GB of free space to download this thing, even though the game itself only takes up about 4 GB. Speaking of, how can it be so big? The original game couldn't have been bigger than 2.8 GB (4 CDs X 700 MB each.) Maybe the upscaled stuff bumped it up.

Random note: You can get the PS1 original game for $15.

Last edited:
So apparently this is a trailer for a new (Official) Pokemon game for Android.

Looks like a card battle game.

I'm not usually one for porting games designed for a controller to touch screen devices but real Pokemon would actually be a pretty good fit on smartphones and tablets. Since it is probably Nintendo's best selling game for their handheld consoles that isn't likely to happen.

Also, good luck trying to sell a full priced Pokemon game on iOS/Android. That audience expects everything to be in the free-$0.99 range.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about the game shown in the video. From watching the video you could tell that wasn't going to be a standard Pokemon game. I was making a separate point that I think a real Pokemon game would be a good fit for smartphones and tablets.

In addition to Nintendo not wanting to let iOS and Android have their biggest handheld franchise I was saying that the other thing keeping that from happening is that they wouldn't be able to sell a $50 video game to iOS and Android users.

I guess this was lost among all the BS yesterday of the removal of the headphone jack from the iPhone, but Nintendo is making an endless runner Mario game for iOS and Android (Doesn't matter it was unveiled at Apple Convention, it WILL be available for Android, because mobile exclusives are stupid.) However it's probably a safe bet that iOS version will be available first.

http://kotaku.com/official-new-mario-game-announced-for-ios-1786329332

Super Mario Run has a date and price. December 15th on iOS devices, with Android release to be announced later. The game is free to try, but you'll have to pay $10 to unlock the whole thing. Personally I'd prefer 1 entry fee for everything as opposed to inundating the game with microtransactions.

Personally I'd prefer 1 entry fee for everything as opposed to inundating the game with microtransactions.

I completely agree and it looks like that is what they are doing. The free portion is really just a demo. It sounds like you get to play the first few levels for free to see if you like it and if you want the rest of the game you have to pay $10. There are no microtransactions or advertisements.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...-when-it-launches-this-december/#2d70874f1ddc

I will buy this for $10 once I hear people confirm that there is enough content to justify the cost. If nothing else, I hope this shows Nintendo how big their customer base could be if they would start releasing their games on other platforms instead of insisting on their own hardware.

Ugh... looks like the more things change, the more they stay the same..

Nintendo confirmed that the new Super Mario Run game will need to be online to run, because if history has taught us ANYTHING, it's that DRM via internet connection is ALWAYS a good idea. And they're not even pretending that it's to "enhance" the game. It's strictly due to piracy concerns.

I learned today that Super Mario Run requires an internet connection to play. What's the reason for that? Are there any thoughts about an offline mode?
For us, we view our software as being a very important asset for us. And also for consumers who are purchasing the game, we want to make sure that we're able to offer it to them in a way that the software is secure, and that they're able to play it in a stable environment. .......

Just to be clear: When you say "security," you mean the risk of piracy, right?

That's correct.

Unlike our dedicated game devices, the game is not releasing in a limited number of countries. We're launching in 150 countries and each of those countries has different network environments and things like that. So it was important for us to be able to have it secure for all users.

http://mashable.com/2016/12/08/super-mario-run-shigeru-miyamoto-interview/#x3UzyJr8Diq9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts