Monoblock for 97w and 101w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danleeper80

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2013
Northeast PA
Hi folks,

I've purchased a WS esx521u-am adjustable lnb and I've got some difficulties with hitting 97w and 101w. I can hit either SATs fine on either lnb without difficulty but I can't get both is there any tips out there? BTW I'm using a au9 slimline to do this since it was free and I figured would work better since it's designed for multiple SATs. Thanks

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reusing dtv or dn dishes are not the best to use for newbies go with a 36" dish with linear lnb.

What kind of switch are you using? Do you have it set properly in your menu?

For the initial setup I'm not using a switch I'm set for universal 9650/10600. I'm doing my alignment with the right lnb (looking at the dish face) aiming for 97w. Alignment is good as I can get the weaker RT transponder. Disconnecting the right lnb and going to the left should yield me 101w but I'm getting nothing unless I change the elevation and then bump the dish slightly

If you are facing the dish, then the LNB's are mirrored in the sky. satellites are 101 to the right (East) and 97 to the left (West). And don't forget to skew the LNB.

Maybe you have to skew the dish? On my Slimline, you can skew the whole dish, with multiple sats I'd think you might have to do that.

Skew_zpsb07bc079.jpg

Here's a diagram that member Wbarrett had posted for me in another thread about multiple lnbs on one dish, that may have only applied to circular lnbs though, that was what we were discussing in that thread.

I'll take a few pictures in the morning. The dish itself is skewed about 23 degrees and the lnb is in a mount where I can fine tune it. Sounds like I've been using the wrong lnb to aim though....

Danleeper.....I'm not going to get technical since that is not the way I roll but I will share my experiences with the mono block. If someone wants to provide a diagnosis for why mine reacted the way it did under the conditions is fine.

I've used the device with two different dishes. For a 90cm, there were no issues to report. It worked as advertised. 4 degree separation was the best, however I did expand it out. I mainly used for 97/101 setup. However, on the 76cm, it was a no go for me. It locked in signals individually but not at the same time. I used it on the smaller dish setup to get 97 and 103 respectively.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I wont try to get too technical but ray hit it on the head
That monoblock unless it is adjustable will only work on a specified size dish (90cm)

When working with multiple sats the "focal length" (the length between the arm on the dish and the dish pan) varies depending on dish size. As example when I had a 1.2 meter dish to get 4 degree separation the LNB's were apart about 3/4" to an inch whereas on a 90cm dish they were right next to each other

Reactions: ray224000
I knew I could get someone to explain my shortcomings.

Sometimes, just knowing that is doesn't work is enough. but sometimes, it doesn't hurt to know why.

Thanks for bailing me out Iceberg!!!!

Reactions: Mr Tony
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)