FOR SALE Monoprice 2 Bay USB 3.0 RAID Enclosure with drives

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Used with Hopper and worked great. Can be setup Raid 1 or Raid 0, also have two WD20EFRX 2TB red drives. All about 3 months old.

61q421S98YL._SL1200_.jpg

71b4QwO4X9L._SL1500_.jpg

$150 paypal.

Yes.

It is already setup in RAID 1 for the H3 I had it on and drives are in the bays. I would figure when you plug it in to the USB port it will reformat and give you about 1.8gigs of mirrored storage.

Will buy. Send PM with specifics. Won't have access to PayPal PW until Monday night.

Payment just now sent, with PM for address.

Pls acknowledge receipt of payment. Not feeling well, could have messed it up.

Timing is good. One of my EHDs is dying, with close to a gig on it. Rumble. Pause. Rumble. Pause.

I am trying to transfer what I can, but each transfer gets slower than the one before. I expect a major loss. Sigh.

I think I'll only use RAID EHDs in the future.

I already have two RAID EHDs. I only power them up when used. Might have been a bad idea for this particular EHD.

I just transferred a 1 hour 4 minute HD program. It took almost an hour. Sigh.

Found a couple recordings on that EHD that are corrupted. Can't delete them, either.

What are the best hard drives for these type of units? I am seriously considering one of these after an EHD crapped out on me six weeks ago.

I favor WD Black. And RAID. Or Red in a RAID array.

My use of RAID has saved my butt a couple of times already.

My employer had to once pay to recover a failed HDD. A couple thou? Moved 100% to RAID since then. I think the speed penalty is like 30%. Well worth it.

For PCs, a RAID 5 would likely be faster, if you spring for the Bucks

This would be strictly for use with a Hopper 3, so RAID 1 would suffice. One big question is how noisy would this be. The H3 is in a bedroom, so excessive fan noise would be a deal breaker.

This particular enclosure has a reputation for being a bit noisier than most.

I think that is the fan models. Mine did not come with a fan, quiet as a mouse. Also seems to run cool as well. Flashing blue led's when it is writing, etc... may be annoying but there are options for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)