MOST ACTIVE SATELLITES

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
Which two satellites are the most active for fta? I am thinking of going to the one that I could get the most reception . No I am not fully set up yet I just have to many health problems to work on my dish.

Consider what Morbius said first.
I would say 97W has the most stuff on it. It is good if you understand Farsi or Arabic. There other channels with a lot of other languages too. Most of them are not english language.

Lot of people enjoy Retro TV network @ 83W. It kinda iffy for receiption at times, but if you can hit it you may like the 80's programming it carries. There is some PBS @125W, if you cant get it local, or want to watch a different timeslot. Old Abbot & Costello era movies and cartoons on WSTV @ 129W if you like that stuff. ARTS now has a DVB channel on 133W, plays ballet, opera, and symphony stuff. As Iceberg said, G18 @ 123W has several independents, but the long term fate is in question with a bankrupcy and selloff underway. No one really expects them to be on satellite much longer, ITC anyway.
There's lots of what mainstream would consider 'offbeat' stuff but still entertaining nonetheless.
Considering you will have health, and thus maintenance issues, if you have the resources to invest, I would recommend a motorized setup. It will allow you a much broader viewing base. I realize you are not set up yet, but what will you be using for a dish?

I have a 10 foot dish with a 922 that I have not used or had it to receive the signal. I also have a fortec receiver. I almost have it ready but lack the courage to move it and mess up what I presently have. If I get rid of the 922 and get a new and better receiver I have a guy that would help me set it all. My problem with him is he receives everything and I suspect the receiver he uses is illegal. Thanks for everyones help.

If the 922 hasn't lost it's memory, (more on that later) it is definately something you will want to keep. Even is if has lost the sub memory it can still be used to operate the big dish for the Fortec. Don't lets someone talk you into getting rid of it because it is "old" or usless. IT IS VERY USEFUL! If you already have the 922 + C band dish/lnb/actuator system set up you have exactly what you need to use the Fortec on C band FTA. An inexpensive splitter (special for satellite systems, NOT the ones used for in home cable tv splitting.) will let you use the C band antenna for both receivers, but you will still need to control the position and lnb polarity via the 922.
If you friend has "everything" it is possible that he is doing something illegal. Currently the totally free hack has been stopped but has been replaced with a system that shares an "everything" subscription decryption data with others over the internet. If he has to have an internet conection and a satellite receiver to get his everything then that is likely what he is doing. You dont want to go there, I would advise declining any offer of such.
You mentioned -
I also have a fortec receiver. I almost have it ready but lack the courage to move it and mess up what I presently have.
With a better description and more details it will be easier to assist you in getting everything situated.
Overall, you seem to have viutually all the equipment you need to get a good start into DVB FTA and even some FTA (DCII) channels on the 922 that the Fortec cant get. Look in the 4DTV section for help and pointers on using a 922.
For a complete system, I can see you adding a satellite signal splitter to share the C band from the big dish between the two receivers, a DiSEqC or similar switch to let the Fortec select between the two feeds and possibly a motor (positioner) for your Ku band dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts