Mount joey behind TV?

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I have read that the Joey is small enough to mount behind your TV but I was wondering if anybody has done it? Anybody have pictures of a Joey mounted behind the TV?

Most flat screens have 4 screw holes on the back for mounting brackets. On smaller TV's, the 4 holes match up with the holes on the Joey's base plate and you can screw the base plate to the back of the TV. Larger TV's the holes are spaced further apart, on these I use one of the top corners of the base plate. If TV is mounted, I ziptie the baseplate to the mounting bracket with the ziptie going vertically in the middle of the baseplate.

Be sure and find the word 'horizontal' on the baseplate and have it be the top, so the Joey slides down onto it and won't fall off it. And the joeys come with 4 screws for mounting to TV's or walls.

It's my understanding that all of the remotes talk only to the Hopper anyway.
Can someone verify this ?

Remotes talk to the device they are paired with. A joey remote talks to the joey only, not the hopper.

You pair a remote to a Hopper or a Joey. That will be the only device your Dish supplied RF remote will talk to.

You can also use IR remotes such as Harmony.

I used some 2" wide Velcro that Lowes sells. It works great. Joey is completely out of sight.
I didn't use the mounting plate that came with the Joey to save the extra weight.

image-3486958398.jpg

I have wall mounted two joeys used all the supplied dish bracket an wall anchors and screws with no real problem. The only oops I ran into was I had to rotate the bracket a few times to find up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-1672047492.jpg
    image-1672047492.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3,247
We just painted, so I have recent pictures of our bedroom setup. 32" LCD with quite a bit of tilt so we can see from bed.

Attachments

• image-1163413899.jpg
    image-1163413899.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 3,506
  • image-1516693415.jpg
    image-1516693415.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,508
I have wall mounted two joeys used all the supplied dish bracket an wall anchors and screws with no real problem. The only oops I ran into was I had to rotate the bracket a few times to find up.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So the Joey comes with a bracket to wall mount it?

Also, thanks to everybody for the pictures, that really helps!

So the Joey comes with a bracket to wall mount it?

Also, thanks to everybody for the pictures, that really helps!

The Joey comes with a stand that can either mount to the Joey horizontally or vertically. It also has screw holes for wall mounting.

Here's a picture of the Joey along with it's accessories (including the stand) :-

Hopper5.jpg

(Ignore the TR-40)

My installer told me there would be no proble if I cut the wall open and put it in wall. My TV is flat on wall and surounded by mirrors (bar tv). He said there would be no heating issues. After 20 minutes the first time I used it the Joey shut down with a message that said it was 174 degrees and won't come back on till it gets below 158 degrees. Moral of the story, don't believe installers or mount in the wall.

cfrank10 said:
My installer told me there would be no proble if I cut the wall open and put it in wall. My TV is flat on wall and surounded by mirrors (bar tv). He said there would be no heating issues. After 20 minutes the first time I used it the Joey shut down with a message that said it was 174 degrees and won't come back on till it gets below 158 degrees. Moral of the story, don't believe installers or mount in the wall.

Any electronic device that creates heat with no ventilation would be a problem I would think.....

DustoMan said:
Would the adhesive on the Velcro lose it's stickiness if the Joey got too hot?

I haven't had any problems with the stickiness of the Velcro that I'm using to attach my Joey to the back of the monitor. I have had it in place for 4 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)