Moving a 722 reciever

Discussion in 'DISH Network Support Forum' started by danshelex, Jun 30, 2010.

1. danshelex

danshelex Thread Starter New Member

I would like to move my 722 reciever from tv1 to tv2. the system works ok now I just want move the reciever from my bedroom (tv1) to my living room (tv2). I called Dish and they want 90 dollars to do this. Can I just move the reciever or what.

2. Bobby

Bobby Publican
    Supporting Founder

You need a coax from the satellite dish to the TV2 location. If there is one already there you can easily move the 722 yourself. Otherwise you need one installed.

3. danshelex

danshelex Thread Starter New Member

I have a cable comming into tv2 but don't know if it's connected to the satellite dish

4. boba

boba SatelliteGuys Family
    Pub Member / Supporter

Your current TV2 cable is connected to the back of the satellite receiver not the dish. If you don't know what you are doing that $90 might be a lot cheaper.

5. Lord_Vader

Lord_Vader Active SatelliteGuys Member

Do the cables go to the dish directly, or do you have a patch/smart panel somewhere?

6. KAB

KAB SatelliteGuys God
    Pub Member / Supporter

You can get a 3db barrel connector and connect cable from sat to cable going to TV2 (if it is a direct from receiver pass). Then connect to receiver separator. However, if you want to hook to a different TV2, you would need to run another cable to it.

7. Jimmerinwi

Jimmerinwi Active SatelliteGuys Member

If you have what looks like a splitter close to the ground block, it is actually a diplexer. There should be three cables connected to it, "Sat", "UHF", and "In/Out". If you have one there, then you also have one behind the receiver, (they have to be used in pairs). All you need to do is flip the "In/Out" and "UHF" by the ground block only. This will make TV2, TV1 and vice versa.

8. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Active SatelliteGuys Member

What he said

VigLink badge
Sucuri