Moving a 722 reciever

danshelex

Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
michigan
I would like to move my 722 reciever from tv1 to tv2. the system works ok now I just want move the reciever from my bedroom (tv1) to my living room (tv2). I called Dish and they want 90 dollars to do this. Can I just move the reciever or what.

You need a coax from the satellite dish to the TV2 location. If there is one already there you can easily move the 722 yourself. Otherwise you need one installed.

Your current TV2 cable is connected to the back of the satellite receiver not the dish. If you don't know what you are doing that $90 might be a lot cheaper.

You can get a 3db barrel connector and connect cable from sat to cable going to TV2 (if it is a direct from receiver pass). Then connect to receiver separator. However, if you want to hook to a different TV2, you would need to run another cable to it.

If you have what looks like a splitter close to the ground block, it is actually a diplexer. There should be three cables connected to it, "Sat", "UHF", and "In/Out". If you have one there, then you also have one behind the receiver, (they have to be used in pairs). All you need to do is flip the "In/Out" and "UHF" by the ground block only. This will make TV2, TV1 and vice versa.

If you have what looks like a splitter close to the ground block, it is actually a diplexer. There should be three cables connected to it, "Sat", "UHF", and "In/Out". If you have one there, then you also have one behind the receiver, (they have to be used in pairs). All you need to do is flip the "In/Out" and "UHF" by the ground block only. This will make TV2, TV1 and vice versa.

What he said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)