Mummybox gone....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Now while Mummybox is still on my Roku, most of the channels will not load, HBO ( from where ever it comes from won't load) and a bunch of others, I have a feeling if it has not affected those that still have it, it soon will.

I really think that with all these offical channels( Fox, Discovery, etc) coming to the Roku that private channels are on the way out.

Now while Mummybox is still on my Roku, most of the channels will not load, HBO ( from where ever it comes from won't load) and a bunch of others, I have a feeling if it has not affected those that still have it, it soon will.

I really think that with all these offical channels( Fox, Discovery, etc) coming to the Roku that private channels are on the way out.

Yea it's just a matter of time.When Roku signed the deal for dishworld they indicated they were planning on moving in that direction.

I liked it , but , Mummybox always had problems , stations would constantly come & go , load & click off , plus the channel was only around about a year . Nowhere tv's been dependable , around almost from roku's beginning and continually getting better . Plus Nowhere man , has worked for Roku development dept. (as RokuChris) . A newer fun private roku ch to check out is "My Channel" . Watched the Gong Show and other crazy retro shows last night on it .

A newer fun private roku ch to check out is "My Channel" . Watched the Gong Show and other crazy retro shows last night on it .

My family likes "My Channel" too. Watched a 1978 Osmond's Christmas special, retro commercials, The Gong Show, BJ & the Bear and my wife watched General Hospital on that channel.

MummyBox is a great loss to the US and International Community-Roku might be becomming a cable Co

Yes this is sad indeed. I was able to use Roku for 6 months before channels started to disappear. Cutting the cord is obviously hurting the cable companies. TWC signed a deal with Roku however it only means Roku will need to comply and that why TWC will not loose its customers to cutting the cable.
Mummybox was a great service and I think the Roku this year will tell as they become a greater power house.

Cutting the cord is obviously hurting the cable companies. TWC signed a deal with Roku however it only means Roku will need to comply and that why TWC will not loose its customers to cutting the cable...

I'm not sure what is gained by Roku with the agreement with TWC; maybe they think they'll sell more boxes to TWC customers and they'll use it instead of renting TWC boxes for the other rooms. On the other hand, those that have had the Roku boxes for many years may sell them on ebay because of the disappearing channels.

I'm not sure what is gained by Roku with the agreement with TWC; maybe they think they'll sell more boxes to TWC customers and they'll use it instead of renting TWC boxes for the other rooms. On the other hand, those that have had the Roku boxes for many years may sell them on ebay because of the disappearing channels.
lincensing for content with time warner..ROKU is trying to become a virtual cable headend..Time warner will save millions by laying off employees

Yeah I was told if you have TWC that you rent/lease the cable box each month? Not sure how much it is though. I'd like to know if you have the Roku can you still subscribe to TWC and ditch the cable box and the box fee? If so someone could save $5-10 a month on their cable bill perhaps. If not I don't see where it would be cost effective to pay for cable, plus the cable box each month, and then have the cable channels on the Roku as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)