Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
Really strange AM21 issue being seen with my HR44.

Everyone once in a while, I'll get searching for signal errors. Mind you, these are channels that normally get 100% on the meters. A re-initialization of the OTA channels fixes most of the time.

I'll compare it against my TV tuner the next time it breaks, but I might be in the market for an AM21 soon.

Really strange AM21 issue being seen with my HR44.

Everyone once in a while, I'll get searching for signal errors. Mind you, these are channels that normally get 100% on the meters. A re-initialization of the OTA channels fixes most of the time.

I'll compare it against my TV tuner the next time it breaks, but I might be in the market for an AM21 soon.
Try swapping out the USB cable.

THANKS after reading Broe67 post i swap the usb cable my am21 working again.

Sigh - finally ran the cable to A/B against my TV tuner, and whaddayaknow, it's the OTA signal. I'm guessing some EMI and/or a failing barrel connecter somewhere. This won't be an easy find.

Most likely skinned jacket, that is allowing the outer shield to show, or failing end on the antenna. I would go and check from the antenna & Pre amp if you have one. It could also just be a failing Pre-amp if you have one installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts