Status
Please reply by conversation.

beavs2112

Addicted to Legal FTA
Original poster
Jan 28, 2010
London Ontario Canada
010.jpg 11.jpg 006.jpg 001.jpg 004.jpg 008.jpg 007.jpg Photo0368.jpg 012.jpg

I refurbished & relocated my dish about a month ago so I thought I'd share some pics.

1&2 are the dishes previous view of the southern sky - see why I needed to move it
3 is the current view of the southern sky
4 is the utility box containing the 4 in (2-c/2-ku lnb) 8 output multiswitch
5 is the 36v Von-Wiese actuator
6 is the repainted CM logo
7 is the chaparral combo c/ku feedhorn (2-ku band/ 2-c band lnbs inside cover) .... I painted the dish manufacturers name on the feedhorn cover to brag about it :)
8 is the before & after cleaning
9 is a picture of the 2x5" u-bolts going to a metal plate inside which is bolted to the rafters

I repainted the dish white. The dish is on a 5 inch diameter pole ..... 4.5 feet in the ground in a 2 foot diameter hole. it took 35 bags (each bag is 66lb ) of cement to fill around the pipe. So the pipe is sturdy 5mm thick wall. I ran 2x5" u-bolts going to a metal plate (inside the attic) which is bolted to the rafters (see pic#9) I also ran 2 steel cables bolted to the roof rafters (which were boxed inside) and bolted to the dish mount to stop the dish wiggling around in the wind when pointed to ku sats. The dish and pipe aren't going anywhere. I ran a #6 gauge wire from the feedhorn to my cold water inlet pipe (before the utility meter & the same point my electrical panel grounds to)
now I can view from 30w to 119w on both c & ku.

I love painting and restoring dishes.

Any idea on how heavy that dish is?.
I lifted all the parts up by hand onto the scaffold when I re-assembled it. So my guess is probably an over-estimate :) There were times it felt like a 1000! The antenna itself there are 4 sections of probably 20lbs each. The backframe & tilt part is probably 60-70. The V-W actuator is probably 30. so maybe 200lb total.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts