My ScoreGuide doesn't work any more

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Support Forum' started by TomCat4680, Jul 23, 2009.

1. TomCat4680

TomCat4680 Thread Starter Active SatelliteGuys Member

For some reason I can't pull up my ScoreGuide any more. I just reset my box and it still won't come up. What gives????

2. RACJ2

RACJ2 Member

Just tried mine on NFL Network and it is working. Have you tried it on more then one sports channel?

3. TomCat4680

I just tried it on MLB Network and now it works. For some reason it won't work on Fox Sports Detroit though.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  4. scoop8

scoop8 Active SatelliteGuys Member

Maybe you guys have noticed a bug? with ScoreGuide but I've had mine stop working during a game. If I switch channels or if I pull up the Channel Guide and select the same channel I'm currently watching, the ScoreGuide starts working again. This quirk has been on my system since ScoreGuide first appeared.

5. TomCat4680

It sometimes only comes up once or twice. Then it only beeps when I press red and nothing. I think they should make new remotes with a button that serves solely to open/close it. The purple button or something...

I also think they should enable it when local stations show sports. I know I'd like to use it during the upcoming football seasons.

6. gary s

gary s Supporting Founder
    Supporting Founder

I've noticed if I hit the Exit button on the remote to close the scoreguide it will not come up again unless I change the channel and come back to the channel I was on or go to another sports channel.

If I hit the red button to close out of the scoreguide it will usually come up again.

7. armchair

armchair Active SatelliteGuys Member

Mine rarely works when I'm delayed in the buffer. Occasionally it will pop-up and I can use it but usually only works when "live".

I also would like to see it available when watching sports on locals.

In the scoreguide commercial, all kinds of sports are listed but lately I only see baseball. I would like to see more Tour-De-France, ATP Tennis (not just slams), and NASCAR in the scoreguide. Oh yeah, speaking of the slams, the French and Wimbledon special scoreguides were only available while games were in progress. I tried to review stats and matchguide but was gone until games resumed. Kind of hard for Pacific Time Zone to utilize it with the time difference.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
    Pub Member / Supporter

I've had the same issues, sometimes it works, other times I need to change to a different sports channel and then it works, not sure why that is ... hope the fix it, I really like the feature.

9. Ramy

Ramy Sports Know it all/ Staff
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

Mine does the same thing. It only comes up on Sporting event channels too.

10. RACJ2

RACJ2 Member

If you have your receiver networked, you can setup ScoreGuide as one of your TV Apps and then access it on any channel. It's a bit slower to load the first time, but once its up its fairly quick.

As gary s else mentioned, ScoreGuide usually stops working because you hit <EXIT>. Once you do that, you have to change channels to get it back. If you want to clear it from your screen, you should use the red button.

11. Ramy

Ramy Sports Know it all/ Staff
    Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

Cool, I didn't know hooking it up to the internet did that. Thanks.

12. TomCat4680

You don't have to change channels. Just press Guide then exit then red until it comes back.

Its working on FSD again.

13. RACJ2

RACJ2 Member

Nice tip... better then changing the channel. And I found it works just as well on the mix channels, when the interactive feature isn't working

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
VigLink badge
Sucuri